What a difference a camera makes?

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Same scene, same light, different cameras...

Shot #1 Color Digital, Minolta Maxxum 5D
carrie103a.jpg

Shot #2 Ilford HP5 400 ISO shot w/ Kiev 6C Medium Format
carrie101a.jpg

Shot #3
Arista Edu Ultra 200 ISO Shot with Deerdorf 8x10 view camera
carrie102a.jpg

Wow, this is amazing. I would have never expected to see a difference between a 5D, Kiev, and Deedorf.

different cameras ... and non-comparable settings on them

And each film, and each raw-to-jpg-converter has its own characteristics.

interesting nevertheless...

2 is extremely soft, is that the lens? or just the focus?

3 has got the most character and mood IMHO.

I think it is the lens...

I had not shot with the 6C in a while, and had forgot about this issue. The focus always falls short, I don't know why. When I focus in the lens with this camera, the far end of the DOF falls short. I compensate for this with deeper depth, but I had forgotten about that, and shot all of these with f/4 The 6C will go down to 2.8 but I should have shot that one around f8 or f16 to make sure it fell in focus. I wouldn't even know where to get another lens for this camera, and it would cost more than it is worth to fix.

I think it is the lens...

I had not shot with the 6C in a while, and had forgot about this issue. The focus always falls short, I don't know why. When I focus in the lens with this camera, the far end of the DOF falls short. I compensate for this with deeper depth, but I had forgotten about that, and shot all of these with f/4 The 6C will go down to 2.8 but I should have shot that one around f8 or f16 to make sure it fell in focus. I wouldn't even know where to get another lens for this camera, and it would cost more than it is worth to fix.

Well, if it helps, even the most expensive lenses from todays leading brands have such problems sometimes (ok, to a lesser extent of course) ... just they fix it for free then when you complain.

Most reactions

Back