What a first period!!!

Hockey, I have never been to or watched a whole game on TV, ever time I tried to watch the Panthers they would lose, so I stop and that was the year they when to the finals

Wow, that was an absolutely fantastic game and series. Holy crap! That was truly hockey at its finest.

Several points come to mind...

* I'm glad Tampa won--this was probably Andreychuk's last chance to win the cup. Iginla is awesome, but he's still very young--lots more chances to cart around lord Stanley's silverware.

* One of the main reasons I LOVE hockey is the players--did you notice that EVERY player, even Andreychuck, who has waited literally his entire life to win the cup, when they were interviewed, the first thing they did was to put the glory squarely on the teammates, not themselves. And they all said thank you at the end of their interviews. I have NEVER seen basketball players or football players act like that.

* I really desperately hope that the NHLPA and the owners can sort out their disputes over the summer. It would be tragic to not be able to build on the success of the end of this season by delaying or cancelling next season. :|

* Hockey fans are *true* fans. One thing that really stuck out at me was that for almost every game, the home arena was packed, the home parking lots were packed with people partying and watching on screens outside, and the VISITING arenas were packed with people watching on big screens. When the lakers are playing in detroit, do you honestly think jack nickolson is going to go down to the lakers' arena and sit in his courtside seat to watch the game with the fans? Hah, the thought is laughable.

I agree. Awesome games. I really enjoyed the whole play off series.

To each his own. I would rather shave my head with a rusty knife than watch an NBA game.

That was a great game. As much as I would like to see the cup come back to Canada, Tampa was the better team. It was great series all around though. I hate it when you get to the finals and the teams are uneven, like when The Wings swept the Flyers for the cup a few years back.I think it was The Flyers. Ok now I'm feeling senile.

I didn't start watching Hockey till I was 13. I could never understand how anyone could follow the game. How could they see the puck!? How can you tell which player was which!? ... and then we found out I needed glasses. Problem solved! :D

Go Baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish we could disinvent hockey :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back