What About This Tripod?

Skedaddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Amazon.com: Vista Attaras Grounder Tripod with FZ-10 3 Way Head, Supports 9 lbs, Extends 11" - 63".: Camera & Photo

I have been researching tripods for a little while now and this seems to be one of the best for my price range. It'll be $79.00 with shipping and I don't want to spend more than $80.00 at the moment. Does anyone else use this tripod or does anyone have another tripod that they would recommend in my price range? Does this seem like a good tripod for the price?

I don't have a specific type of photography that I'll be using it for but I would like to use it to take photos of fireworks, someone jumping into the water, wild animals and people.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon.com: Vista Attaras Grounder Tripod with FZ-10 3 Way Head, Supports 9 lbs, Extends 11" - 63".: Camera & Photo

I have been researching tripods for a little while now and this seems to be one of the best for my price range. It'll be $79.00 with shipping and I don't want to spend more than $80.00 at the moment. Does anyone else use this tripod or does anyone have another tripod that they would recommend in my price range? Does this seem like a good tripod for the price?

I don't have a specific type of photography that I'll be using it for but I would like to use it to take photos of fireworks, someone jumping into the water, wild animals and people.

For that price range you won't find any of the better made brands. With tripods, you get what you pay for. If you aren't very serious about photography, then you don't need a very serious tripod (such as the one linked above).

A decent tripod setup will be $150-$300 for the legs, and another $100+ for the head. The setup I am ordering totals over $400, and it's only an average setup. So keep that in mind when buying a full kit for $80. If you don't plan on shooting with a zoom lens, or in low light, then the one you linked might be fine for you.

If you're on a budget, there is also this. I picked one up a couple weeks ago and it's been working great. It's way light (but also light in construction) and has a pretty decent ball head. I'm not really hard on my gear nor do I have any heavy lenses so something this light and portable is perfect for me.

You are definitely going to get what you pay for. Now, it is not impossible to master that tripod you have in the link, and get some fantastic shots. However, there is a reason there is a "cost" associated with the tripod/ballhead combo - its because of the versatility in the movement and not being restricted in XYZ plane movement of your camera. You can get a Manfrotto-Bogen tripod/head combo for less than 200 bucks: 190X plus 484RC2 ballhead. The tripod is sturdy and sure as hell; it surprised the heck out of me. Now, you can go cheaper, and for 125 bucks you can get the 7302YB tripod with integrated ballhead. Essentially the same system as the 190X except you can't mix and match - but if you just want a sturdy tripod that doesn't limit you in how you are using it - that is a way to go.

Thank you all for replying. I think I may just continue to save up until I can get a manfrotto tripod since I hear so many good things about them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back