What accesories should I get for my S3 IS?..

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by husky_mom, May 19, 2008.

1. husky_mom

husky_mom TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have a Canon S3 IS... and want to get a few lens and stuff... and seeing my brother is going to China this week I wanted him to get me the lenses from there as he might get them cheaper...

I want a telephoto and a wide lens... but I need also a lens adapter in order to use those... I would love also a fish eye....

I´ve seen a few "kits" and sound great but I wanted to know which should I get out fo them all...

wide angles= I ´ve seen .45x 58mm, .75x to 27mm... which one would you suggest more??

teles= 1.5x to 648mm?? 2x, 3x or 3.2 x??.... I have no clue.... also there are the 200mm....

please help me decide....;)

2. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    ok if you buy a kit on line be sure to check this site to make sure the site is legit http://www.resellerratings.com/ type in the store name and it will tell you if a site is trust worthy.

I had the canon lens adaptor which I bought on Ebay, they are expensive for what they are but you could try a cheaper one.

I bought the wide angled lens from a seller in japan (i was in the UK at the time) I ended up paying extra tax, it was a great lens, I used it alot, but make sure you get the real deal and not a knock of brand.

Once you have the lens adaptor you can experiment with filters too, a circular polariser for scenery shots will stop your sky form whiting out.

Cant tell you about the tele as I didnt ever buy one.

3. husky_mom

husky_mom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    actually the adaptor is around 25 dlls... on ebay... not too expensive ut I get what you mean LOL...

the wide anlge you got was a .45x .75x or what??.. I wanna know the differences and the ups downs from one to another...

and excuse my ignorance but with "knock of brand" do you mean a "universal" or "generic" one?....:p

4. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    This is with the wide angle lens .75x hand held on a just before it was about to rain, It was before I knew how to ultalise my camera settings, it was shot on auto, but I wish I had shot known how to change ISO settings back then :)

[​IMG]

I cant tell you the difference between the wide angles I just chose the one that was on the canon website as I knew the quality of the glass would be good I went backwards and forwards form the canon website to amazon so I could read reviews on different products.

When you buy a cheaper brand lens you may find that you get distortion on your pictures and they may be less durable

Take this ebay auction I would look at the auction then google the brand 'black pro series' and also see if amazon or any of the photo websites sell the brand, If they do then I would look at the customer reviews, if they dont then I would assume if no reputable business sell the brand then it is sub standard

5. husky_mom

husky_mom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thank you for the advice...

does anyone have another comparision pic among the different "numbers"??...to see the difference

6. skid2964

skid2964 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    husky_mom,
    This place has some accessories for our S3's
    You will find Wide Angel and Telephoto comparison shots there also.
    http://www.lensmateonline.com

Rachelsne,
    I really like that photo.