What am I doing wrong?

i'm glad is working now too! I waisted a whole afternoon on it:( well at least i got 2 know my camera very well now

i'm glad is working now too! I waisted a whole afternoon on it:( well at least i got 2 know my camera very well now

And thats what its all about! The good thing about making mistakes or taking too much time on something (Im not at all saying that that is the case here mind you!) is that you will more than likely never get into that particular situation again!:D

I don't know if you are yanking our chain or something but the image you posted is shot at too slow a shutter speed for any kind of portrait. It actually looks like you shot it at like 1 second or something and your camera will not do that unless you are shooting in extreme darkness. If you are serious about this try shooting with a whole lot more light and then play with your settings but the photo you are showing is a waaaay to slow shutter speed.

I don't know if you are yanking our chain or something but the image you posted is shot at too slow a shutter speed for any kind of portrait. It actually looks like you shot it at like 1 second or something and your camera will not do that unless you are shooting in extreme darkness. If you are serious about this try shooting with a whole lot more light and then play with your settings but the photo you are showing is a waaaay to slow shutter speed.
yeah that was part of the problem the way I was changing the aperture the shutter speed was changing with it automaticly I figured out this morning how to change them seperately. Like I said yesterday I pretty much had a brain fart i was only looking at 1 thing instead of the whole pic

yeah that was part of the problem the way I was changing the aperture the shutter speed was changing with it automaticly I figured out this morning how to change them seperately. Like I said yesterday I pretty much had a brain fart i was only looking at 1 thing instead of the whole pic

No offence, but it seems that you need to read about exposure. Exposure depends on 3 things: aperture, shutter speed and ISO setting. If a set of those 3 things gives you a correct exposure and you change one of them (for example, the shutter speed), you also need to change at least one of the others (aperture and/or ISO setting) to keep the correct exposure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back