What am I?

uplander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here you go. What is it? Seldom seen, more often heard. I showed you mine .... you show me yours :lol:

Sora107copy.jpg

I have no idea what is it (should really get me some educations in wildlife some day I think) but its a good shot - a shame that he turned his head to face you - was this shot wide open at f2.8? I tend to find that unless I can get a perfect side on shot depth of field means that with most animals you end up getting too much out of focus areas on the body - try stopping down a little - granted this makes shooting harder in difficult lighting, so open up if you have to for light.
Got to say though I do like the colours and look of this shot :)

I have no idea what is it (should really get me some educations in wildlife some day I think) but its a good shot - a shame that he turned his head to face you - was this shot wide open at f2.8? I tend to find that unless I can get a perfect side on shot depth of field means that with most animals you end up getting too much out of focus areas on the body - try stopping down a little - granted this makes shooting harder in difficult lighting, so open up if you have to for light.
Got to say though I do like the colours and look of this shot :)

I shot this with my EF 100-400 at f/7.1 1/400sec ISO 200

Correct ...Sora it is!
A member of the Rail family, this shy and reclusive bird is very hard to photograph. It lives in the marshes and is mostly heard and seldom seen.
I stood in waist deep water motionless for close to an hour just to see him and another 20 minutes to get a few shots.

Here he is again.

Sora102copy.jpg

I have stood in the marsh awaiting the right instance only to see a glimpse of the elusive sora jumping into the next patch of tules. Good captures, love that L glass.:thumbup:

aww those are ace shots, great work

Most reactions

New Topics

Back