What appliance brand?

Leo4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Me and my wife have purchased a dirt cheap house to fix up. Its not too bad, alot of painting, alittle rotten wood, and new carpet. It has some appliances in it but we want to upgrade. She pretty dead set on a Maytag washer and dryer set so Im not going to get to argue with that. We arent expert cheifs, we cook alot, but nothing that requires extreme heat or anything like that.

My question is, who make the better appliances? My only requirment is they are affordible, and American made/American company, my grandfather would come back from the grave if I bought appliances made overseas. I like Kitchen Aid's appliances, and I like Wolf but I cant afford that :lol:.

So what brand appliances would you put in your first home if you had a clean sheet to build off of?

Our new house Chateau D'Pensacola
384329_05037501.jpg

384329_07850001.jpg

384329_08787501.jpg

After I get central A/C in and the bottom of the house trimmed we are painting it olive with white trim and adding Bermuda Shutters. White fence and a oyster shell driveway coming this week. Big backyard, adding a deck and workshop soon. Maybe grass.:lol:

Last edited:
We have all Maytag appliances when we redid the kitchen about 2 - 3 years ago we got all Maytag. Except for the fridge that is which we had just gotten a few years prior and it is Fridgidair and i do NOT recommend them!
Actually tbh i guess any fridge with alot of plastic accesories would probably run into this problem, but the little drawer that are meant for like veggies and stuff are broken and the shelves on the door fridge also broke off... and it's only about 5 -6 yrs old. I guess in terms of a fridge try if at all possible try and get one with as little plastic accessories as possible... So far no problems with the maytags though. :)

We just got a new washer and dryer recently like a few months ago and before that we had maytags and they were about 20 years old. I don't know why we didn't go with maytags again i think it was because my mom didn't want a HUGE beast of a washer and dryer which a lot of them are these days it seams. She wanted stackable this time and be able a decent sized load. Her options of maytag weren't great if i remember correctly either stackable with small load or HUGE ones... anyway we ended up going with Samsung don't know how good they are with appliances though. They had a pretty good warranty though.

Also i don't know if i would recommend kitchen aid...

Personally i don't think you can beat Maytags with the price and quality..

ps cute house. Are you planning on living in it or are you just going to fix it up and try and sell it again?

We have all Maytag appliances when we redid the kitchen about 2 - 3 years ago we got all Maytag. Except for the fridge that is which we had just gotten a few years prior and it is Fridgidair and i do NOT recommend them!
Actually tbh i guess any fridge with alot of plastic accesories would probably run into this problem, but the little drawer that are meant for like veggies and stuff are broken and the shelves on the door fridge also broke off... and it's only about 5 -6 yrs old. I guess in terms of a fridge try if at all possible try and get one with as little plastic accessories as possible... So far no problems with the maytags though. :)

We just got a new washer and dryer recently like a few months ago and before that we had maytags and they were about 20 years old. I don't know why we didn't go with maytags again i think it was because my mom didn't want a HUGE beast of a washer and dryer which a lot of them are these days it seams. She wanted stackable this time and be able a decent sized load. Her options of maytag weren't great if i remember correctly either stackable with small load or HUGE ones... anyway we ended up going with Samsung don't know how good they are with appliances though. They had a pretty good warranty though.

Also i don't know if i would recommend kitchen aid...

Personally i don't think you can beat Maytags with the price and quality..

ps cute house. Are you planning on living in it or are you just going to fix it up and try and sell it again?

We placed the order, we went with Kitchen Aid.

We are going to restore it and live in it til our family out grows it. Then just rent/sell it. If we leave Pensacola it will become our beach/vaction house.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back