What are you currently reading?

I'm reading a book about the Special Forces of the world. I usually read books about war for some reason. I think that it's because I get bored of a book very quickely unless it has some action in it. :wink:

Currently reading Sue Grafton's latest: S is for Silence

Just finished Plain Truth by Jodi Piloult and I though it was one of her best. I also read Confessions of an Enron Executive and The Lexus and the Olive Tree for my last class.

Next up are a few Patricia Cornwell books that I haven't had a chance to read yet.

mentos_007 said:
but I've already opened Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

That is my favorite of all his books! :D

I'm on Rule By Secrecy. It's a conspiracy theory book. I'm only page 40 something, and so far it's crap. I am not a conspiracy theorist (no comments, JonMikal. You know I will need to respond with either, "I cannot comment" or "I am not privy to that information."), but I'm fascinated how people build and present conspiracies. Usually it's all based on coincidances, circumstantial evidance, and anecdote.

Alison said:
The Lexus and the Olive Tree
Looking forward to read that. I'm halfway through his 'The World is Flat' :thumbup:

andreag5 said:
JTHphoto...I know, I have to read it because I need to write a 25+ page paper on it :meh: :banghead:

i am doubly sorry then! here is my book report on grapes of wrath: :puke:

i am however, very glad to hear you aren't reading it just for the fun of it ;) , that book was like torture. only steinbeck could take a whole chapter to describe "a turtle crosses the road". there, that wasn't so hard... :mrgreen: good luck! took me months to read because every few pages i would literally fall asleep.

Rob said:
Reader's Wives

:)

:biglaugh:

I still say you people are lying somewhere in this thread!

Classics schmassics ... I'd much rather leave reality for a while and delve into trashy romance!!! (Nora Roberts Rules!)

i truly feel ashamed and totally out of my league..but i read three books a week...which in theory sounds wonderful...

but they are all romance, or trash... ( gets me thru the cursings...and cravings...)

best out there though is "piercing the darkness" and "this present darkness"- frank peretti....its about the battles that go on around us concerning demons and angels...and the power and pricipalities that war among us...i have read these two books so many times, i cant think straight...have gave them to people to read, and have to buy it again, cause they keep them..... one of the best religious authors i have ever read...he has one entitled "the oath" and it is just gut gripping...about a true dragon that feeds off this town ...and the evil it uses to keep people quiet...and feeding him....too cool.

** then on the trashy side, gotta read the whole series of carpathian people in books about a race that survive on blood..interesting thoughts there... the authur is christine feehan...

** and anything by kathleen woodwiss.... another romance ...

when i have my own time, i dont want too much serious, life is too short to drag your ownself down.... gotta live, baby!!!

medium.jpg

Read these and many more like these all the time. I have been working towards my Ph.D in Religious Science for years and I am constantly reading and referring to these and many more books (would bore you if I listed them all)

I am also currently reading the novel Saint Maybe by Anne Tyler

LittleMan said:
I'm reading a book about the Special Forces of the world. I usually read books about war for some reason. I think that it's because I get bored of a book very quickely unless it has some action in it. :wink:
Check out "Rogue Warrior" by Richard Marcinko. It's about the formation of Seal Team Six by the guy that lead them.

Most reactions

Back