What are you looking forward to most?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Corry, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    What are you looking forward to most this holiday season? Is it a gift you are hoping to get? Food you will get to eat? People you will get to see?

For me this year, besides seeing family, I absolutely CANNOT WAIT til Christmas morning to give Erik his gift!!!! I opened a separate savings account, and I've been putting a bit in it each week for the past couple of months. On Christmas day, he'll have a few smaller gifts, but the last thing he will open is a box. Inside the box will be broschures to the National Baseball Hall of Fame, printouts on train, bus, and plane schedules/fares, and a printed out map of the route we'd be taking if we decide to drive, plus printouts to nearby hotels, and car rental places/prices. Plus I'll be putting the bank book in there so he can see how much I've saved for the trip so far. Also, we eventually want to do a tour of the baseball parks, with Yankee Stadium, Shea, and Fenway being at the top of the list...so...if he wants to do that at the same time, he can add to the savings account too (plan to do it in the summer). I absolutely CAN'T WAIT to give him this gift!!!!

So now...what are you looking forward to?

2. LittleMan

LittleMan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I can't wait 'till something good happens for a change. :confused:

3. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Well, I love Christmas Eve. We always have the boys open one present (matching PJs and a movie - this year it's Polar Express). My parents will be here and the boys are more excited about seeing Grandma and Grandpa than Santa :D Their faces on Christmas morning will also be a highlight of the weekend. I guess overall just spending a few days with my family with no work, no school to worry about and basically just lazing on the couch demanding hot chocolate every once and a while. If little E decides to make an appearance that would make the holidays even more special :mrgreen:

4. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    actually we do not celebrate christmas day... we celebrate christmas eve. and then we open the presents, and break wafer called "oplatek", we eat supper which is full of different kinds of fish and national cuisine. and I'm looking forward beetroot soup with "ears" (have no cluse how to explain it to you... but it is a mushroom and a bit of cabbage all covered with a "cake" - from flour and water... then "ears" are boiled and put to the soup). and this is a dish we eat only on Christmas Eve... once a year... and this is delicious!

5. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

I'm looking forward to spending time with family, my stepdad's lasagna on Christmas Eve (mmmmmmmm), and 24 hrs of A Christmas Story.

6. jocose

jocose TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you put Oriole Park at Camden Yards on that list, let me know...I'll come up to Baltimore.

For Christmas Day, my tradition will continue: movie and either Indian or Japanese. Usually my folks come down to DC, but this year my mom went and broke her leg, so I think I'm going to head up to their place. There's a great Japanese place right near them, so hopefully they will be open (but it's a Jewish area, so it should be).

7. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I most certainly will! I know eventually he wants to visit all the baseball parks...don't know how long that will take though! :lol:

8. jocose

jocose TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Just let me know

9. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    For a while now I have most looked forward to the midnight candle service on Christmas Eve (which actually starts at 11 p.m. and ENDS shortly after midnight). My choir will sing and everything will be quite festive in church. The atmosphere is special and I like that.

Whether I'll be looking forward to our dinner is still to be expected. There is no traditional "only-on-Christmas-dinner" here like Mentos is telling us about, so I am going to experiment a little with a DUCK this year... we shall see.

What I will say now is nothing I am looking forward to, but something I am feeling already: I have rarely been as relaxed with Christmas approaching as I am this year. I wonder why. We are gradually learning how NOT to let these days get to us - we demand less of ourselves, it seems (and with my birthday so close to Christmas, I have often had a good couple of "severe stress days" in the past, trying to bring out special food for the party on the 22nd and having everything extra nice on Christmas Eve (which, like in Poland) is our most important day of the season. It feels cool to remain kind of "cool" about what often is quite stressful in many a family.

10. Verbal

Verbal $100

I'm pretty much just looking forward to this season being over. I know, I'm a scrouge...

11. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

The reaction to a present I've given and then it all being over.

12. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :goodvibe: I just put together all the printouts on airfare/busfare/driving directions/broshures/ect in a nice little binder, all organized and tabbed and labeled. I mounted on of the full page picture broshures from the hall of fame website on the front of the binder, and I mounted a little pocket on the inside that contains the savings account bank book that shows how much I've saved so far for the trip. It all looks really nice! :) :) :) I'm so excited! Now I get to go home and wrap it up. :) I think I'm gonna put it inside a shirt box....maybe figure out something kinda heavy to put in with it so it really throws him off if he tries to guess. :mrgreen: He says he has absolutely no idea what I'm getting him, and I'm glad, cuz last year he knew just about everything I was getting him. He knew he was getting the LOTR box set, because he was gonna order it for himself, and I had to stop him. :grumpy: He knew he was getting the video game I ordered him because he came over to my apartment when I wasn't home on a day I wasn't expecting him to be there (he was dropping off my xmas presents because they were too big for him to store at his house, so I got my gifts early) and it was sitting out in plain view for anyone to see. Hmph! He pretty much knew what he was getting for his birthday, too (it's in mid-January). So this year, EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE A SURPRISE!!!! AND A BIG ONE TOO! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Is it Christmas morning yet?