What are you reading?

I read Divergent yesterday (book one) It was excellent! I will try to make "Insurgent" last longer than a day.

Only book 1 was good.

I just started The Fiery Cross by D. Gabaldon. Will probably read a bit of it then start Revival by S. King. I can't read straight through Gabakdons books as they are very long and stretched out and I usually need to take a break for a week or every now and then. I also will probably start The Twelve by J. Cronin soon.

Of course you still have to read 2 &3 since they leave things so unresolved with book 1.

Finished another couple of Micheal Connellys, always great. Just about done with Dan Browns Inferno. Great!
Have a book about a dangerous Coast Gaurd rescue off Cope Cod, true story, called The Finest Hours, ready to go on my nightstand.
MSnowy had mentioned they were filming it near him, and it peaked my interest.
Nancy

Agenda 21 - by Glenn Beck w/Harriet Parke
How was it? Ya know, I used to watch him a little bit way back in the day. But after the crying episode, I just couldn't stomach him any longer.

I didn't finish it. He's not a very good writer and the story sucked.

I'm now reading: The Blank Slate. The Modern Denial of Human Nature - by Steven Pinker.
. . .the evidence is overwhelming that every aspect of our mental lives depends entirely on physiological events in the brain. . .

I really enjoy Pinker's books.

At the moment, I'm re-reading To Kill a Mockingbird in anticipation of Harper Lee publishing her second book, coming out in July.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just started Camera: A history of photography from daguerreotype to digital by Todd Gustavson about 15 mins ago. I picked it up in the bargain section of Barnes&Noble last week. I recently finished Capturing the light: The birth of photography, a true story of genius and rivalry by Roger Watson and Helen Rappaport, it is definately worth a read if your interested in the history of photography.

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris.

Stones for Ibarra by Harriet Doerr. I'd never heard of her, but I came across it in a used bookstore and apparently it won a bunch of awards a while back. So far it is living up to its reputation.

Most reactions

Back