What are you reading?

Just finished... Joe, You Could Have Made Us Proud by Joe Pepitone and Barry Stainback. (1975). Crazy but fun and interesting.

Now reading, The Photographer's Playbook: 307 Assignments and Ideas by Jason Fulford.

Tomorrowland: Our Journey from Science Fiction to Science Fact - by Steven Kotler

From what Kotler says in this book about medical research regarding a couple of classes of drugs, and stem cell research, it seems we could all be a lot healthier if the War on Drugs was de-politicized.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm reading and enjoying A Dance of Cloaks by David Dalglish. Very good book and first part of a series

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

This is a little heavier than the past few books I read (below). I needed some light stuff to get me back into reading after I finished Hamilton by Ron Chernow.
  • We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
  • Rise and Shine, Benedict Stone by Phaedra Patrick
  • A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron

The Song Machine: Inside the Hit Factory - by John Seabrook

Kind of a sad story about how music has been made for quite a few years now.
It's pretty much all done with computers and electronics, with little in the way of the use of actual musical instruments by skilled musicians.
A surprisingly small cadre, of basically unknown Swedish people, do most of the production of hit songs.

Hamilton is on deck.

Last edited:
Illusions by Richard Bach

I am reading Halldor Laxness' debut novel in a good German translation. Upcoming is his "Independent People" in English and "A dance to the Music of Time" by Anthony Powell. There are several books on the Microbiome for my next book and "Biological Relativity ... A dance to the tune of life" plus some books about gardening, agriculture, epigenetics and a few other novels. I read a lot for my work, esp original papers by scientists. And I read a lot privately. No TV helps! I am huge into learning. Love to read. And the morning paper seven days a week, some weekly papers and some monthlies about photography.

Currently I write even more than I read

Last edited:
That's impressive!

Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House

Just started it today.

Solomon in the Bible. I am trying to learn how to be a great husband.

Recommend Reading!!

IMG_20180128_023221.jpg

Solomon in the Bible. I am trying to learn how to be a great husband.

Kamasutra???

Or Eminem Track 10 of Album "Revival" ... "Bad Husband" .... But a good father

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back