What are you reading?

Just finished The Futures by Anna Pitoniak

Sully Erna from Godsmack The Paths We Choose A Memoir

The library opened again FINALLY!
Reading the 4th book in the series.
1527372116133.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Between books at the mo so am reading from a collection of short stories by Dostoyevsky.

@NancyMoranG For me, there’s an app called OverDrive that I use. They work with local libraries to provide ebooks and audiobooks; you have to be a member of a library they support.

Library fan. The only thing the government even comes close to doing right. Librarians fight for your right to access information more than you know. Support them. I purchase books frequently as well. Cannot read that much on a screen.

Just finished John Grisham's Gray Mountain. Typical Grisham. Diving into Thomas Paine's The Rights of Man....again.

Am curious how everyone gets their books to read. Are you a library fan, download, buy it?
Buy books. There is an excellent secondhand bookshop in Alnwick where we go once a year. I get about half my year's reading there. The rest I pick up here and there as I come across them. Apart from Barter Books, I do not actually go out to buy books, they just seem to come to me.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

Our small town library had their roof give during the last storm. They just reopened recently. This makes Dave really happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I use the library or buy used books, for the most part. Buzz and I have a knack for always finding the good used book stores when traveling, and we will hit the local ones from time to time.

For about a year or two, a woman I worked with, and who is also in my book club, volunteered at the local library to take books that were donated but that the library couldn't use. She would gather them all up and donate them to schools or bring them to our school and put them on a Free Book cart in the tutorial center where we worked. After she quit, she asked if she could give me bags of books to bring to the cart in the tutorial. Every month at our book club meetings, she would hand over about 10-12 reusable shopping bags filled with books.

Being who I am, the first thing I would do was to organize and rearrange all the books (invariably, the way I repacked the books, 10-12 bags turned into 6-8 bags).

Of course, if there were books I was interested in, I would just keep them. Over the course of the year or two that we did this, I probably almost doubled my book collection.

I have...a lot of books.

Last edited:
Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

I have...a lot of books.
When the wife and I moved 4 or so years ago, we saw that we had packed 25 boxes of books. We each had a lot of books on our own before we got married, so when we combined them, it was just too much. We ended up donating repeats that we had and books that we felt we'd no longer read. We still kept a lot of them, but it's time for another round of donating.

Am curious how everyone gets their books to read. Are you a library fan, download, buy it?
I usually go to my library if I'm in need of donating something to make room for more books. ;) At one point I had a couple of small moving boxes full of books that somehow landed in my bookcase that I didn't need or want. I haven't opened a library card in my small town yet.

I prefer to buy books from a brick & mortar store whenever possible. I like books in my hands; I don't do Kindle. My mother, who has traveled a lot, swears by Kindle as a kind of moving library, but thus far I have resisted. :)

Most reactions

Back