What are you watching on TV right now?

Wife and I binge watched it in a period of 24 hours. Good stuff.
Just started Penny Dreadful.
Haha.. we wanted to so bad. We finished episode 4, and she's gone for the weekend so I can't watch any more! :irked:

We'll have to check out Penny Dreadful!

Wife and I binge watched it in a period of 24 hours. Good stuff.
Just started Penny Dreadful.
Haha.. we wanted to so bad. We finished episode 4, and she's gone for the weekend so I can't watch any more! :irked:

We'll have to check out Penny Dreadful!
Don't tell your wife I told you this but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the butler did it.:biggrin-93:

Watched the 2nd season of Wayward Pines. The original characters from the 1st season get killed one at a time. That is kinda sucked.
It's called Dramatic Tension. Isn't it exciting???:allteeth:

Well it was a choice of another political convention or MADtv. I choose MADtv. It had more relevance. I even considered watching professional wrassaling but MADtv won out.

Still watching the reviews of the DNC. It felt great to see history in the making. And there were some very interesting and non-repetitive speeches. Watching the FIRST women receive the nomination for the highest elected office in the United States will never happen again.

Still watching the reviews of the DNC. It felt great to see history in the making. And there were some very interesting and non-repetitive speeches. Watching the FIRST women receive the nomination for the highest elected office in the United States will never happen again.

Sometimes being first doesn't mean you're the best.*

*A-political comment

*A-political comment
I never said she was the best. I am not making a subjective political statement. She is the first women to be the presidential choice by a major political party. That is historic. I texted to my granddaughter that she too could be president someday.

I have personally seen and experience the difficulties and hard work required for a minority candidate to fight their way to win an elected office which has only been held by the majority. Blazing a trail is extremely difficult.

It is irrelevant whether you like Clinton or not, whether you think she is the best or not, we should all salute Hillary Clinton for her presidential accomplishment and clearing a path for other women to follow.

*A-political comment
I never said she was the best. I am not making a subjective political statement. She is the first women to be the presidential choice by a major political party. That is historic. I texted to my granddaughter that she too could be president someday.

I have personally seen and experience the difficulties and hard work required for a minority candidate to fight their way to win an elected office which has only been held by the majority. Blazing a trail is extremely difficult.

It is irrelevant whether you like Clinton or not, whether you think she is the best or not, we should all salute Hillary Clinton for her presidential accomplishment and clearing a path for other women to follow.
Highlights from Day 2 of the Democratic convention, in photos

On some level I agree but at the same time a position like presidency should not take such things into consideration. Race, gender and orientation are all inconsequential to the ability to do the job properly.

But considering it's all a three ring circus where wealthy corporations trot out their dancing clown that they have bought and paid for I can't get too worked up over it.

On some level I agree but at the same time a position like presidency should not take such things into consideration. Race, gender and orientation are all inconsequential to the ability to do the job properly.

But considering it's all a three ring circus where wealthy corporations trot out their dancing clown that they have bought and paid for I can't get too worked up over it.
I agree that race, gender, ethnicity, et cetera 'shouldn't' be a consideration for any elected office. But that isn't the de facto case, we all look at race, religion, gender et al before deciding who we vote for. How much we allow said traits and characterizational biases based upon those traits, affect our voting choices is an individualistic matter. There was a 102 y/o delegate at the DNC. When 'she' was born, women did not have the right to vote. Within her lifetime, women have gone from unable to vote, to being the presidential choice from a major political party. That is historic. I feel this country is moving forward towards and hopefully a day those who greatly affected by gender, ethnicity, religion, the color of one's skin will be a tiny minority, while those who are moved by a candidate's position on issues, resumes and the strength of their character, will be a clear majority.

As to your last remark, I choose to take the high road. :)

Most reactions

Back