What are your hobbies except photography ?

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My hobbies are

1.Fountain pens-I used to be very deep into fountain pens, I mean deep financially and emotionally.
I had a very large colletions of verious pen makers and models (over 300) especially Montblanc and I can tell you these run for a lot of money, too much to be honest.
Eventually I decided its time to move on, sold most of my pens but did keep 2 collections of vintage pens so I still own about 50 pens and moved/added watches to my passion.

2.Mechanical Wrist Watches-After selling most of my pens I decided to look into watches, bought and sold some watches and now I have a nice collection I really enjoy.
The problem is that watches go for too much money so since I am limited with my funds (like most of us) I am not going to add more watches any time soon, still this is a great hobby to have.

Are you an engineer?

Are you an engineer?
Well in my home country I am a Practical Engineer (Handasai), in Canada the closest is a Technologiest in refrigeration

I didn't answer on the other thread so here are mine. Golf, guitar and mandolin, Four wheeling in my Jeep and any other motorized vehicle I can get on or in.

Called it!

I know a bunch of engineers and they all love stuff like that.

Called it!

I know a bunch of engineers and they all love stuff like that.

Smart :wink:

I love cars too but since I cant afford more then one (well if I want to stay married LOL) then I dont turn that into a hobby.

Cooking, Computers, Gaming, and upgrading my lil ol honda! Supercharger?? Maybe this summer...lol!

Motorcycles, guns, video games, gym rat.

Boating, Shooting, Steam railroading, Messing around in my garage/shop
Flight, Boating and Railroad simulators, a Little fishing and camping.
I'm sure I missed something.

even though there already is a thread on this, I will reply here ;)

So besides photography ... mostly it is technology related work then which fills my time.

But there is also the gymn, running, expedition style hiking, travel in general, and thinking on how to stop the disaster this world is running into by overpopulation and wasting our resources ;)

I think I answered in the other thread, but I'll answer again and probably throw some new things in there (not new hobbies, just not mentioned before).

The more I get into photography, the more it just eats away every last bit of my free time, so I don't have nearly as much time for other hobbies anymore!

I used to do calligraphy--even made a decent little bit of money from it at one time. I still love to do it once in a while, but the hand tremors prevent me from doing it as much as I used to. Those fountain pens the OP mentioned have really piqued my interest--OP, do you have pics of your remaining collection?

I lead a women's ministry and do some speaking and writing at women's events--that's the other major thing that takes up any waking non-job-related hours for me.
Then there's Boy Scouts, where I still help out with some of the older scouts even though mine are long gone from Scouting (well, one is still involved as an adult, just not a youth scout anymore).

I LOVE to read, but tend these days to fall asleep before I get very far into a book. I love to write, but haven't had as much time for that lately as I'd like.

I also like to hike when I have time and my knees cooperate.
Other than that, I guess mostly spending time on the computer--social media, TPF, word games, Angry Birds. :D

I used to do calligraphy--even made a decent little bit of money from it at one time. I still love to do it once in a while, but the hand tremors prevent me from doing it as much as I used to. Those fountain pens the OP mentioned have really piqued my interest--OP, do you have pics of your remaining collection?
I still have my foutain pen collection of mainly 2 pens.

1.Sheaffer Snorkel which is vintage pen from the 1950's
2.Parker VP (Very PErsonal) which is a pen that was not very succesful because the Ball point started to rule and fountain pens were on the decline

Have few more which I use for everyday

Here is my Sheaffer Snorkel collection

DSC03731.jpg

And here is my cat Tzutzik with one of my Montblanc pens, he just love pens LOL

DSC00478.jpg

Last edited:
Gymnastics, piano, dancing, netball, athletics

I read through the other thread - interesting stuff - but since it's 2 years old....

Beginning in the early '80s, anything computer related was my hobby for a long time. I'm still a geek, but since it's been my day job, I don't enjoy it as much anymore. Also had a motorcycle for about 20 years and especially loved combining that with photography, but I got to where I didn't ride enough anymore to feel comfortable, so I gave the bike to my niece.

That leaves reading books, which I've done avidly since childhood, and video games, which I've enjoyed since I worked in a bar and they rolled in this new table game called pong.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back