What are your hobbies except photography ?

Flying and skydiving suck up all my spare change. But i'm trying to save for for that 24-70L I so dearly would like to have. TheTrue- what kind of internet businesses are you building?

Well it's really three and a parent company that will encompass all future endeavors. Until I'm closer to launching, I'll say that two are photography related, and the other has to do with auto customization. Sorry to be so vague for now!

My main interest is, and always has been, photography. But I like fishing, boating and camping as outdoor activities. I also play and collect guitars and write songs. I have a pretty large collection of pocket knives too. The knife thing started with a few pocket knives I inherited from my grandfathers and my dad. I've always got something or other I'm deeply into

WOW my hobbies are as follows:

My Wife
My Son
Photography of both of them and anyone else willing to follow my direction
restoring my 1st car - 75 VW Bug
cooking
Motorcycles - Have 3 Harleys in the garage right now
Working with wood
working on the house (seems to be where most of my time is spent)

Besides the obvious, photography, I've been into model railroading for 30 years or so. Slowing down these days, but am still involved:

Sawmill330Dec2012_zps8a4806fb.jpg

While this HO scale model of an exploded sawmill was scratchbuilt a long time ago, I took this photo about 12 days go. Scene is on a pair of portable modules that used to be set up with others in a club I belong to. Now they are retired (like me) and I'm doing some photography on them.

I spend a fair amount of time on the computer, visiting forums, Facebook, and news sites. For many years I took photos at area drag and stock car tracks, and I'm scanning a lot of my old negatives and slides to post on Facebook groups. I also took a lot of local photos, and have posted them on historical group pages.

Don't know if enjoying and photographing our two grandbabies could be a hobby, but its something I do enjoy. Also in good weather, taking photos in my wife's garden and the critters it attracts.

Anyway, I always seem to have more to do than I have time for!

Attachments

• $Sawmill330Dec2012_zps8a4806fb.jpg
    $Sawmill330Dec2012_zps8a4806fb.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 120
I have/had/would like to be involved in many hobbies.

Cooking, mt. biking, RC cars, cars, drawing(all kinds), building whatever comes to my mind, traveling etc. I used to do them depending on what was available to me. Only photography has been a consistent hobby. Traveling is also one that I do whenever I get the chance, which goes well with photography.

Road cycling is my other hobby. I have a really nice guitar, but I have never taken the time to formally learn the instrument, so I guess you can't count that. I love the freedom on the bicycle, plus the fitness benefits...winter needs to hurry up and move along. :wink:

My other love is Golf, but now with 2 and a half kids, it has become a once a year event, instead of the 3 or 4 times a week I played in college. Perhaps my camera will accompany me on the next journey around the links.

thetrue said:
Hmmmm. Hobbies.....nope, I got nothing. I'll tell you my wife's hobbies though: buying clothes, buying shoes, buying unnecessarily expensive clothes and toys for our son, yelling, shopping, spending time spending money, and pretending she can cook then buying expensive take out. Oh, and not procreating.

I'm forced to live vicariously through her, although I find her hobbies :)
So I guess my other hobby would be financing her hobbies. Good deal!

Sounds like a typical women too me:) I bet you like to see how beautiful she is in those clothes. Oh, yeah, I forgot to add shopping to my hobby list. Lol

hobbies? riding bikes all over north america and racing bikes.

of course i'm restoring this old "retro" ZX9R sportbike right now too

SWP_2059.jpg

This is a cool, interesting post. My two cents. I used to race motocross, but no longer involved in the racing part of it; I still enjoy watching the pros though. I also like to watch MotoGP (F1 of street bike racing), F1, and World Superbike Championship's. I am an avid mountain biker, swimmer, and on occasion I like to hike, snowboard and boogie board.

Most reactions

Back