What are your hobbies except photography ?

One hobby is photography-related: I collect old cameras. I never use them and, in fact, couldn't tell you, with any measurable degree of accuracy, which ones work and which ones don't.

I also collect wrist watches. I have relatively cheap watches as well as relatively expensive watches. I used to collect guitars, both vintage and new, but got out of that some time ago. I'm now down to three from a high of 147.

I also collect old cameras, but I try to use them here and there.

My actual hobby is building a screen-accurate Darth Vader costume at the moment. Someday soon, it will be WEARING that costume to events and such, once all my parts come in.

Hehehe, I built my own Han Solo ANH costume. Used a lot of the screen accurate stuff as reference material. Its harder than I initially thought.

My other hobbies are Fishing and online gaming, oh and BBQ, I suppose you could count vaping too as it also takes up a lot of my time. I've usually got a few other side projects on the go as well but they change from time to time

Hehehe, I built my own Han Solo ANH costume. Used a lot of the screen accurate stuff as reference material. Its harder than I initially thought.

REBEL SCUM

:D

My hobby outside of photography is working on my wife's never ending honey-do-list.

Have I answered this before?....hmm.

I sew a little. I sing. (Dont worry, I keep it to my house and car) Meditation and yoga. Essential oils and healing with herbs. love to research and learn new things. I've been a barista for 13 years. (5 professionally, and the rest as a nessassary way to support my habbit) I cook from scratch daily. (Though it's more of a necessity than a hobby)
I'm absolutely addicted to the internet which means my phone or iPad is never far away. Sometimes, I'll admit I have them both open at the same time.....

I'm trying to find enjoyment in exercising as a hobby but I keep failing in that department!

Eating. Bacon, especially.
Sleeping. I never get enough of that.
Astronomy. Seems it's been years since I got the 'scope out.

I write (not well) and do a fair amount of volunteer work that takes up home time.
Lately I've been doing most of the cooking and shopping; that seems to suck up a lot of time.
I would eat Cheerios for breakfast, hot dogs and beans for lunch and a frozen dinner every day but my wife is being unreasonable about actually having some variety.

The thread subject immediately made me think of this:

:)

I used to spend a lot of my time writing, playing, singing, and then laying down a track at a time to make music, like this one I wrote and made for my wife, Michelle:

Aside from my guitars and voice, I used a drum machine and a keyboard for the bass parts. I don't do much much of that sort of thing anymore, since my COPD has made it more difficult to sing, and my aching and cramping muscles make it more difficult to play, but my pulmonary doctor tells me to keep singing everyday anyway because it's good for my lungs to get the exercise.

These days, my ongoing hobbies are collecting cameras and early LED calculators, and doing DIY type projects. I've really been getting interested in learning to do wood-working, but I'm still just a noob hack at it, with nothing to show.

I posted about kart racing in the thread linked to in post #3 of this thread.

I recently got back to doing astronomy and posted photos of my 12" (305 mm) aperture, f/4.9, 1500 mm focal length Newton type reflecting telescope on a Dobson type mount.

Since getting that telescope I've also gotten a smaller 80 mm (3.15") aperture, f/5, 400 mm focal length (short tube) refracting wide field telescope I use on an alt/az mount and tripod.
I put my solar filter on this little guy yesterday and looked at sunspots on the Sun.

102515_ST80w17mm.jpg

102515_ST80w13mm.jpg

Most reactions

Back