What are your most popular print packages?

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am always having people ask me about packages. I had always just priced everything a la carte. I think people prefer the convenience of just being able to say, "I want package A" for example. But I Am really clueless as to what combination to put into these said packages. I plan to keep my a la carte pricing but I really need to add some packages. Please share some of your most popular packages. Please do not feel the need to include your prices in this discussion.

"You know Mrs. Client I used to have packages, but I never seemed to be able to pick just what everyone wanted.

So many people wanted me to take this out, and add that, or asked if they could get this size instead of that size, that I just set it up so each client could make a custom package that was just perfect for them.

So I'll help you put your perfect package together. Lets starting with what you would like in the way of framed wall sized prints, since those are on sale and have a 15% discount this week."

Last edited:
Very nice choice of words. It really makes "Mrs. Client" feel like I am catering to her individual needs. So do you just let them know the a la carte prices and then they tell you what kind of package they would like and then you "make them a package deal"?

Anyone else?

I feel like such a peanut gallery this week :lol: But ditto to KmH on this one, too.

Peanut Gallery? :scratch:

My most popular package for HS seniors:

2 8x10
4 5x7
24 wallet

all from one pose

Now, of course, I nearly always sell more than one package to seniors. And, the most popular options are to add poses and wallet prints to a package.

-Pete

A local pro does a lot o his pricing on based on poses. I need to snatch a brochure or one of his pricing guides. :)

Very nice choice of words. It really makes "Mrs. Client" feel like I am catering to her individual needs. So do you just let them know the a la carte prices and then they tell you what kind of package they would like and then you "make them a package deal"?
No, no package deal just whatever I mentioned as a discount for the wall prints or whatever I use as a 'call to action' (this week).

"Oh yes Ms. Client, these are all, already package pricing."

But, there will be something extra in their order, as a surprise.

There are books available that explain salesmanship and negotiating in depth.

Always underpromise, and over deliver.

I do have packages for seniors, like Pete. Seniors like to have lots of wallets to hand out to friends. I put the wallets in funky tins. They also like brag books.

A classic high school senior line is, "I want something that's unique, that's just me. You know, just like all my friends got last year." ;)

Peanut Gallery? :scratch:

It's an expression of a basically third party group... Like people usually say something and somebody says something that is basically the same or a smart remark and they say no comment from the peanut gallery... I'm not exactly sure were it came from but I have heard it for many years.

Note to self:

Find out more about the per-pose pricing model.

For me, it goes back to the multi-printer days when the first three units were priced higher than additionals. That and general retouching.

So, when pricing a seven unit package, I factored in retouching of one head and four units at the lower price. I came up with the "additional pose" charge so when asked, I could tell the client, "Yes... you can get that package from two poses... it's just $30 more." I always have trouble telling a client they can't have what they want, but I can't afford to just give them whatever they want. I am, however, very willing to SELL them whatever they wish.

These days, I consider it "file preparation," since I still have the general retouching to do along with critical color balance.

Does anyone miss masking negatives?

-Pete

:lol: Sorry for not clarifying.. I just meant that I've been agreeing with KmH and replying +1 to just about all of his advice the past few visits to TPF =P

I also don't use packages. I use step-discounting when they build their own package from my a la carte prices. This means the bigger their order total, the larger the discount - which is basically what a package does anyway. Here's what I use: For general portrait orders, anything over $250 gets a 5% discount. Over $395 gets 10%. Over $695 gets 15%. Over $995 gets 20% off. On top of that, I also discount wallet prints when they order more than 5 sets at once (any combination of poses). This is a big plus for seniors since they'll order tons of wallets. Overall this works nicely for me and I've gotten lots of thanks from clients for not pre-selecting packages for them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back