What bag should I get

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by jamescell, Mar 26, 2007.

1. jamescell

jamescell TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am torn between getting the Lowepro slingshot 300 aw, and the Thinktank rotation 360. I will be using it on short (5-10 mile) hikes and camping trips, but would also like to use it at the beach, kids sports, ect.. I have found some reviews of the lowepro on this site, but the rotation is another story. Does anyone have experiance with both these bags?

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum.

I've never seen the Thinktank rotation 360, or even heard about it.

A friend of mine has the Lowepro slingshot 300 AW, and it's a great looking bag. I didn't realize until I saw it, but it also has hip/waist straps so that weight is not carried by the shoulder...great for hiking.

3. firemedic0135

firemedic0135 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have the slingshot 200 and I like it other than I wish I had the larger 300 now that I have run out of room for all my lenses.I also have never heard of the other pack you mentioned so I can give no advice there.

4. Jeepnut28

Jeepnut28 TPF Noob!

Love my slingshot 300....functions well.

5. I have the 300, but it is really big. I love my 100 for little day trips.

6. jamescell

jamescell TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  7. firemedic0135

firemedic0135 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Now that I see the 360 bag I would have to say that although it looks larger alltogether than the slingshot bag I have,the part that spins looks fairly small and may not hold enough of my lenses either(mind you I have 3 large zoom lenses right now that I have to access)They both should be very nice bags whichever you decide to go with.Make a post if you end up with the 360 bag with some pics

8. jamescell

jamescell TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i amkinda leaning tword the slingshot, the rotation 360 is just too expensive. What do you singshot users do with your tripods?

9. OttawaPhotog

OttawaPhotog TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Not sure about the rotation, but I have the Slingshot 200, and it is great. The microfiber cloth in it was a great idea, and I'm able to fit 2 bodies, a flash, 4 lenses total, and still room for a couple energy bars, in the main area. You still have the upper portion left for more snacks, aswell you can get extra pouches, via the Sliplock attachement loops, say for a water bottle. All in all I like this bag very much. The 300 just looks the same but a little larger. Happy hunting!

10. firemedic0135

firemedic0135 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Most of the time I leave it at home and kick myself in the ass later when I need it:er:

When I am out shooting with my tripod I usually leave it slightly extended and drape it over my shoulder with whatever lens I am using attached,or with camera and lens both attached.other than that I dont have a good way of carrying it around.

11. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    thumbs up for the sling bag 200 as well... But I only use it for light day trips and there's no room for a tripod. I usually end up leaving the tripod in the trunk (just in case I really need it) and a monopod hanging off my belt. The extra space for snacks and such is good too.

I could fit a canon DSLR, 24-105mm f4L, and a 100-400mm lens if I choose to do so. Usually just the 24-105mm f4L only. It is a great compromise between a shoulder and backpack but the weight is still mostly on one shoulder. I personally couldn't see myself comfortably filling a slingbag 300. If I needed to carry more.. I'd rather just use my big shoulder bag with two straps.

12. jamescell

jamescell TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the help guys, I just boght a slingshot 300, and think it will do very well. I really appreciate the extra rom I have in this pack for my Daughters extra cloths and food.:D