What battery?

when camparing the D50 screen with the D40 screen is it that much different?? I know 1/2 inch but is it that noticable?

oh yes it's noticeable, but not that big of a deal. Go into a camera store and find out for yourself. That's what you should be doing anyway. I suggest getting a Nikon with it's own AF motor in the camera so your lenses from the N65 will focus on it.

So a Nikon with a AF motor is either a D50 or a D80, right? that is in my price range. I have $900 saved up. I would like to get the body and a few extras. What I've noticed looking around is that to get the studio equipment it is either for D40 or D80. and D50 isn't listed. Is there studio equipment for a D50 but I just haven't found it yet. where do i look? there are sooo many options. I remember hearing something about the Canon Rebel and not to go with them but I can't remember why. and they my not work with my lenses that I have, right? Also I found this studio equipment kit on ebay for $299? Sounds good but again I have no idea there are so many options and how do i know what is a good way to go. Any help would be great! I tell ya, it is so hard to buy photography equipment, I've been so up and down about what to get and what not to get, I just have no idea. I don't want to get soemthing that won't work and I wasted my money.

So a Nikon with a AF motor is either a D50 or a D80, right?
Yes

I would suggest holding off on the 'studio equipment' for a while. Just get a camera a become familiar with it first.

You will be able to use studio lights with any of the cameras you are looking at. You may or may not need an additional adaptor for the cord...but that's not a big problem.

When you do start looking for lights, I suggest avoiding those 'Ebay kits'. You would most likely be disappointed. Save up and get better equipment in the first place, it will save you money in the long run. Check Alienbee lights, for a good place to start.

Besides getting a camera, your best investment right now would be information. Read some books, take some classes etc. The more knowledge you have...the better you will be able to make these purchase decisions.

Ok sounds good.. thank you.. why can't I buy a D50 at B&H?

why can't I buy a D50 at B&H?
Good question :scratch:

Maybe it has been discontinued, in favor of the D40. Maybe they are just out of stock.

I just found out they are discontinued. I wonder if that is a bad thing. hummm...... anybody own a D50? what do you think?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back