What blog site should I use?

shamalea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone!
I am just wondering if anyone has a recommendation on who I should use to host my blog? Something easy to use and photo friendly. Thanks!

Always been a wordpress man myself. Also aminus3 is great if its a photoblog

I like hte way blogger is layed out, but there doesnt seem to be any sense of community on it. On other sites like xanga, you can search blogrings that have an interset you share, or even look up people in certain areas. I havent been able to find people in my area that use blogger to be able to follow. Ive had my current one for about 9 months now and only have 2 followers.

Ive thought about wordpress, but when I went to the site, it looks like you have to provide your own hosting, and download an application powered by wordpress? Perhaps I misunderstood something.

msf: wordpress.com is the site which will host your blog on their servers. wordpress.org has the application you can download to host it yourself on your own server if you have one.

ah ha, didnt know there were two different sites. I must have gone to the wrong one. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

Shamalea, which one do you need for your blog, a free hosting service or paid hosting? I recommended you choose a paid hosting.

Tumblr, Blogspot (Blogger) and Wordpress are the most frequently used ones that I can see.

Wordpress: I would recommend a hosted solution as well because you will be able to customize more than the free one allows for (adding custom scripts, for example).

Don't bother with a blog-specific hosting site. Go with a more generic web host service like bluehost.com. You get your own domain name, unlimited storage, own email addresses, etc, etc. Plus they have easy to install free software like wordpress. You push a couple of buttons and it is installed on the back end for you. Costs me ~$6/month.

Well I am going against the stream as I like blogger. Its easy to use, you can do some customization and even more if you know a little Html code.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back