What camera? advice please.

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Davew, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Davew

Davew TPF Noob!

Hi
    I hope someone here can help me :D

I would like to buy my wife a new camera for Chrismas but can't decide from the plethora of cameras available.

What she wants is something to photogragh her dolls/babies at close range (from 2 feet away down to about 6 inches away). These images are then used on her website and Ebay.
    Fine close up details are required to show correct skin tones and baby veining. Here is a link
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180047880828&rd=1&rd=1
    where you can see images of one of her dolls but she feels the detail close up is missing. At present she is using a Fuji Finepix 3.2 mp camera. I have a budget of £150 - £200.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

2. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I don't have an answer regarding the camera but WOW that babydoll looks so life like. Those are amazing. I would of never thought that was a doll.

3. Davew

Davew TPF Noob!

Hi oldnavy170
    Thanks for your kind comments. Here is her website url http://www.blankiebabies.co.uk

As you can see some of the pictures are clearer, sharper than others (I use Fireworks to do the sharpening and contrast. The pictures are usually taken either indoors in the daytime using natural light coming through the window or outside in the shade on a sunny day. Would anyone recommend lights that might help?

Dave

4. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Those dolls scare me on how convincing they look.

5. benstewart

benstewart TPF Noob!

I checked out those photos - wow.

Casio is among the only manufacturers I am aware of that provides an eBay best shot mode - meaning that the image size and quality are optimized for internet use.

I'm not sure how to convert your dollars, but you can get one for about 200 American.

6. Michael Humle

Michael Humle TPF Noob!

7. Lemmon

Lemmon TPF Noob!

Agree with above nice but SCARY>>>>>>

8. Davew

Davew TPF Noob!

Hi everyone
    Just a quick up date. After reading through many reviews I decided to buy the Cannon S3 IS. Cost £245 from Amazon and a 1 Gb SD card for around £20. Order on Sunday evening and arrived this morning. I'll let you know the results/reaction after she has played with it over Christmas.

Thank you all for your comments and help.

Regards
    Dave