What camera bag do you use?

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all! I am just interested in what camera bag/case/other that you have or use.

I personally own a lowepro nova170 and a lowepro zoom mini.

I use to have a lowepro slingshot 100.

I mainly keep my 24-105 mounted with the lens hood attached in my nova 170. I walk around with the 50mm 1.8 on in the zoom mini.

When i had a 30d the slingshot was awsome because i could keep my 28-75 mounted, with my 55-250 and 50 in the bag also.

What do you use?

I have maybe a dozen camera bags & cases. I use the one that is most appropriate for the trip/gig that I'm on.

My primary bag is a Lowepro Computrekker AW (backpack style bag). Although I'm thinking that I'd like something like a ThinkTank Airporter.

I have maybe a dozen camera bags & cases. I use the one that is most appropriate for the trip/gig that I'm on.

My primary bag is a Lowepro Computrekker AW (backpack style bag). Although I'm thinking that I'd like something like a ThinkTank Airporter.

well, when i have as much gear as you i will also need a body bag to carry my gear .. LOL

Used to have a Slingshot 200, but found it too small.

For longer treks I have a Lowepro Primus. Fits camera, grip, 70-300 mounted, 28-75, 10-22, 50, 430EX II all in the lower compartment, but I rarely bring all that stuff. Has a roomy top section for other non photo stuff, lunch, book, clothes,..

For every day use I have a LowePro Classified. I love it because it does not look like a camera bag at all. Shoulder bag that can hold all the lenses above minus the flash.

i am using a slingshot 200,

i carry my d90, both my lens
one sb-600, bateries, a bounce card. gray card, memory cards, hoods.
BAG IS FULL.

At present avery overstuffed lowepro minitrekker backpack

It's seriously well made and takes a lot of weight, but its really not designed to be used on a long walk with as much weight (the back support, straps and such are not geared up for carrying large loads on longer distances and lack sufficient padding).

however its currently filled with
Main compartment:
Canon 400D with battery grip
Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS L (often connected to the camera but not always)
Canon MPE 65mm macro
Canon 17-55mm kit lens - my least used lens but its in the bag because its the only lens I have that under 70mm in focal length
Sigma 150mm macro
Sigma 70mm macro
Sigma 1.4 teleconverter
Canon 1.4 teleconverter
Canon 580 EX2 flashgun

The rest of the bag gets filled with all sorts of odds and important ends - and I use a 60AW slipknot pack on the side of the bag which holds a lot of other items - balanced out with a waterbottle slipknot addon the other side (quick access to water and it keeps it away from the camera gear). Although with the packs on the side the supplied waterproof cover for the bag no longer fits and I've had to purchase a sparate water cover for normal use (its bright yellow!)

Kata DR-467 from most day to day stuff.
LowePro AW200 Stealth Reporter for event photography
Tenba Medium Shootout for when I need to take more gear out on a trek
Cheapo off brand tiny thing for just body and one lens and flash unit where I need bare minimum (party, dinner at resteraunt, etc.)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Deluxe-Backpack-200EG-Cameras/dp/B00009R6TA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266949392&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG for Canon EOS SLR Cameras (Black with Green Accent): Electronics[/ame]

I like the bag however the straps are cheaply made, but the interior of the bag is nice.

Lowepro Exchange Messenger.

31OZBs-xfLL._SS400_.jpg

414U1-ZKQ6L._SS400_.jpg

8 million dollar home if I need options, 4 million dollar home if I don't.

Most places in NY won't let you in if you're carrying a backpack. But, if I carry a MDH/messenger style bag, I can claim it's my purse, and I get an automatic exemption. ;)

Domke F-4AF (over-the-shoulder messenger-type bag) in olive color for most things. It holds all my gear. I also have a Tamrac Expedition 6x (backpack style) which holds a ton of stuff, but it's currently empty and I haven't used it in quite some time. It's just too big.

I used to own a LowePro Slingshot 300AW, but found the design of the bag to be pointless. Sure it's great because you don't have to take the bag off to get out your camera, but my camera is out of the bag 99% of the time when I'm shooting anyway. Plus, if you want to get anything else out of it besides the camera you have to take it off anyway, unless you want to risk dumping everything out on the ground when you open the zipper compartment all the way.

Most reactions

Back