If you'd like to get to know us, start a thread in the Intro forum:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

If you'd like feedback on your site post a link here:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

If you're looking for critique on some of your photos post a few here:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

and here's a link that shows you how post a photo:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21012

Like Corry suggested, if you'd like to be a part of the community take a look around and you'll see we have forums for a wide variety of topics.

yay for Kevin!!! :):)

and you www-something STOP SPAMMING RIGHT NOW ... or... Mentos'll hack your site :D

I agree that the site is crap but the guy aint all that stupid. His sites got enough attention just from posting this 1 thread as i'm sure everyone who posts a comment must look at the site first.

i didnt. but then again, i have the attention span of a fieldmouse on crack.

md

mentos_007 said:
yay for Kevin!!! :):)

and you www-something STOP SPAMMING RIGHT NOW ... or... Mentos'll hack your site :D

Mentos you can hack? Awsome, So are you a 1337 h4X0r, if so you're not as 1337 45 1 4M. just joking, if you have no idea what I am talking about consider yourself lucky :) The only thing more annoying on a newsgroup or forum then a troll that types all in caps is a troll that types in leet speech.
Don't feed the trolls!

NO LEET SPEECH!!!!!

(INSERT CUSS WORD HERE)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Wow! So far, 37 replies. I'm not sure we're being at all hospitable. This one needs a bit of guidance. I'll begin.

OK, Mil... take a look at the avatar (picture) below most of the names of the folks who post here. The join date is displayed and, if the poster chooses, so is a location. This will give you some sense of where many of us are.

And, it's not in good taste to constantly plug your site. The attitudes here are not competitive. These folks are willing to share. This is not a place to try to out-do anyone other than yourself.

So... begin again. Ask for any advice you need. Just lighten up on the compition. We get a bit defensive.

-Pete

Pursuer... I'm not an angel... I learned some interesting things how to USE the net :D but no details... :p:p

wwwphotosnartistcom said:
you guys think that you have a expensive camera you are pros!

Actually no, we don't. For one thing, most of us aren't pros (although there are a few professional photographers on here). And also, many of us don't have very expensive cameras, either. So thus, most of us don't think that the equipment makes you a pro. However, if you're a professional then having good equipment becomes necessary anyway. You're not going to be hired by someone as a photographer if all you have is a DSC-P93.

I always say if you have the eye for photography you dont need an expensive camera.

There's more to being a good photographer than just having a good eye. Knowing how to focus, expose, and control things like Depth of Field properly are equally important. And something like a P93 can't give you the kind of control that an SLR (even a cheap one) will give you. You are right that having a good camera does not make you a good photographer, but simply having a good eye does not make you one either. There is a lot of knowledge and experience that you also need to have to be a pro.

mentos_007 said:
Pursuer... I'm not an angel... I learned some interesting things how to USE the net :D but no details... :p:p

:badangel: just don't come sniffing around MY ports ;)

You could stick a link to your site in your signature. That's what most folks do.

As far as expensive cameras equal pro photog goes, I regularly use a beat up old Pentax Spotmatic (value about $30) to shoot weddings. I always like to see the expression on the faces of the folks in the crowd with 20D's ($1500).

Haha, I needed something to laugh at right now.

"you guys think that you have a expensive camera you are pros!"
"ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE PRO"

Heh.. I love it.

And then when you realized that you were getting owned you proceded to try and make friends with the "I was wrong, you were totally right" speach. Sir, you came to do what you needed.. it didn't work, if you would like to stay and actually learn alot of stuff like half the people on here including myself then feel free. We are not all pros; just learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back