Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Sigma

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Sony

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • other

Votes: 22 8.3%

• Total voters
I think it would be interesting to see the Canon versus Nikon distribution across geographic locations.

That would be cool, but I don't think the forum can do that...:lol:

I marked
Canon - (Primary) Canon EF 35mm SLR, LM = FD - Samples (# 1) (# 2) (# 3) (# 4) (# 5)
Leica - Leica IIIf 35mm rangefinder, LM = M-39
Olympus - Olympus OM-1 35mm SLR, LM = OM - Samples (# 1)
Nikon - Nikon FM 35mm SLR, LM = F - Samples (# 1) (# 2) (# 3) (# 4)
Pentax - Heiland Pentax H2 35mm SLR, LM = M-42 - Samples (# 1) (# 2)
Other:

Last edited:
My other is Konica film cameras. Which makes me curious, anyone else ever shoot with Konicas?

My other is Konica film cameras. Which makes me curious, anyone else ever shoot with Konicas?
Me too. I haven't even seen one in a while, come to think of it pugs.

J.:mrgreen:

One of my clicks had to be "other"... I still have my Minolta X-700.

poll2.jpg

63 voters, 106 votes.

Canon - 30.2%
Hasselblad - 2.8%
Leica - 6.6%
Mamiya - 0.9%
Nikon - 30.2%
Olympus - 3.8%
Panasonic - 1.9%
Pentax - 9.4%
Simga - 0.9%
Sony - 2.8%
Other - 10.4%

That adds up to 99.9%. Close enough.

I expect the Canon/Nikon numbers to remain fairly even... which will annoy the fanbois in both camps no end.

I expect the Canon/Nikon numbers to remain fairly even... which will annoy the fanbois in both camps no end.

I expected that. What I didn't expect was all the other numbers to be so low. Especially Sony...

Fanboys?! What?! I'm a Fanboy because I'm disgusted that Canon's gotten the same love as Nikon?! What?! LOL!! :lmao::lol::lmao:

Canon Digital Rebel XTi. In a few months I plan to add two T1i's to my arsenal. I have a Nikon P80 Ultra-zoom that I take when I am expecting great views that deserve a better picture I would recommend yo to consider this one, Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCDIt has 18x optical zoom (+ digital zoom), 10Mpix (so digital zoom doesn't destroy the quality), optical image stabalization, better than average light scensitivity, and it is not as bulky as a SLR The lense is a wide angle for close ups, but the 18x zoom gets right in there for long shots I agree about the Sigma Foveon sensor. This image was made in my Sigma DP1, processed with the proprietory software and enlarged and refined in Adobe CS4. It will print according to IK up to 40x60, and I have had it done 24x36 with superb results:--

With the excellent reputation that Panasonic has made in the P&S market as well as the micro 4/3rds platform, I am surprised only 2 people have marked it. I actually own 3: TZ5, LX3, and G1. They have a nice array of small/compact cameras available and i do see them in use quite a bit.

I am also surprised that Leica has 7 votes.... i expected lower.

I also expected Nikon to be higher than Canon in the TPF judging from recent posts. I guess the nikonite mavens are just louder.

Kinda wonder if people are voting "use" or just own.

With the excellent reputation that Panasonic has made in the P&S market as well as the micro 4/3rds platform, I am surprised only 2 people have marked it. I actually own 3: TZ5, LX3, and G1. They have a nice array of small/compact cameras available and i do see them in use quite a bit.

I am also surprised that Leica has 7 votes.... i expected lower.

I also expected Nikon to be higher than Canon in the TPF judging from recent posts. I guess the nikonite mavens are just louder.

Kinda wonder if people are voting "use" or just own.
Interesting... I thought that the Canon-ites were the more vocal and widely populated group. I was expecting the poll the skew much greater towards the Canon side of the coin.

sound like the winner is Canon.. any reason behind? :blushing:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back