What camera (film) to buy...

CalebGGodwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I bought a decent digital camera a few months ago, nothing special, just a very compact camera. Anyway, I've been wanting for a long time to buy a 35mm (I assume) camera. Once that can take quick snapshots with great quality and good zoom. But, I don't want to spend a few grand on it. I'm not sure how much these things cost, but I'd like to learn about them before looking too much into it. So, what kind of specs should I be looking at? SLR vs. DLR, different types of mm film, lenses... etc. If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it, because I would like to purchase one within the next few months. Thanks.

As for a film camera, I have the Canon Rebel K2 (bottom of the EOS Rebel line) and it works great for me.

As for deciding which to get between Digital or film, I'd pick digital.

I am kind of a traditionalist sometimes, so I started out with a film K2. The problem is I quickly went to the digital because now I can see my results instantly instead of hours, days or weeks later. Plus, I don't have to worry about buying film when I'm out and its easier to share with friends/family.

Also, if you are not sure how much you will get into photography, then the short term cheaper route would be film.

There's my 2 cents. Hope that helps.

Film SLRs are lovely too play with, but i got sick of mine quickly, and quickly wanted digital

So, I bought a decent digital camera a few months ago, nothing special, just a very compact camera. Anyway, I've been wanting for a long time to buy a 35mm (I assume) camera.

My father only had a push bike while I was living with him which he sold it in the end. Poor man he had 12 kids plus couple nephews living under him. My oldest brother promised us a motor bike once he started work - which never materialized of course. So I did not bother with any of those yesterdays technologies and I just bought a car myself once I earned my money. I bought a push bike just for exercise. It is the car the one that takes me to work, do shopping, visit friends and families, and carrying goods from here to there.

Practical daily life tells me that is what it is all about.

So, I fail to recognize what 'passerby's post had at all to do with my question? oh well, yeah I'll go check out the film section, probably a good idea...

Most reactions

Back