what camera for me?

rapunzel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi,
i am looking for a camera that is high-speed, wide angle and macrophoto. which camera is the best for this, if it even exists? what are the best in comparison to price and the things i am looking for? the best would be, if it costs less than $1000... :)
maybe i should also mention that i really don't know anything at all, wich belongs to dslr. i just have a slr and want now to digitalize my life^^

(please excuse mistakes - i'm german (; )

and yes, i have used google, but i couldn't find any real answer.

thank you very much ;)
but i'm not sure if these cameras are highspeed. but i will google it^^

thank you very much ;)
but i'm not sure if these cameras are highspeed. but i will google it^^

they don't get any faster under $1000.00....

What is it you mean by fast??

Exactly as said above. If by high speed you mean a large aperture then throw a 50mm f1.8 into the mix and avoid the D40/D60 cameras. If by high speed you mean frames per second, then how many fps are you wanting. You'll be limited with the FPS to around 3 or so for under $1000 (to my knowledge at least). I believe the Canon 40D has the highest FPS for the cheapest price (for over a grand) but it would be silly to choose a camera merely by FPS anyway.

Oh, a fellow German :) Welcome.

there are plenty of Germans who were mistakes on this forum .... just ask Alex B. ;):lol:

Are you calling me a mistake there, mate????

Maybe it was a mistake they let me in? ;)

To get back to the OT, are you really talking $ ? Or do you live in Euro-land?

Camera prices in the US are usually way lower than in Europe.

If you really know your SLR, stepping into the digital SLR world is not that complicated. And then you know it is all about the lenses (fast, wide angle, macro ... that sounds like more than one lens to me ;) )

What SLR and which lenses do you own? That could help deciding ....

i live in a "euro-land" (germany (;) but yes i talked about $^^ and i know that they are cheaper in the us - like nearly everything... (
at the moment i use two old fashioned slr: a praktica plc2 (mostly used with 2.8/20 and sometimes 1.8/50) and a exa 1 (2.8/50). i think these lenses wont fit on any dslr^^
i knwo that it is all about lenses, but i didn't know if there should be something special on this dslr. so i just named my areas of application.
that's right, i meant fps. i just read some data sheets about different cameras. the casio exilim ex-f1 is what i hoped to get... embarassing* logically, that the mechanism is not as fast as the exilim... sorry^^

/edit: i think, that i really know my slr.

Last edited:
hm, are you sure you would be happy with a casio exilim if you are used to SLRs? I really doubt it.

Cameras such as the f1 are certainly nice, but limited in many ways. You only got one lens, which might be versatile, but optically always a compromise. In particular if we talk about a 12x optical zoom, you will see distortion at the long and at the short end.

Also 36 - 432 mm small format equivalent are quite on the tele end, but do not really give you a nice ultrawide angle. If you used 20mm a lot, 36mm will be disappointing for you.

i need an english alex B ;)
no1'll take me for a pint aha!

also if you are definatley going digital, used canon 30D's go dirt cheap nowadays and thats pretty fast

and if high MP arent required the 1d classic shoots at 8FPS ;)

i need an english alex B ;)
no1'll take me for a pint aha!

I sometimes try to pretend to be English ;) .. just Manchester is a bit far oop North ...

Most reactions

Back