what camera for me?

hm, are you sure you would be happy with a casio exilim if you are used to SLRs?
no, never!! in my flippancy i just thougt that the fps of a exilim, or something like that, are also possible on a dslr.
and you are right, i would really miss my 20mm lens. what about a fisheye lens on these dslr. has anyone experience with this?

im from gera/thuringia

no, never!! in my flippancy i just thougt that the fps of a exilim, or something like that, are also possible on a dslr.
and you are right, i would really miss my 20mm lens. what about a fisheye lens on these dslr. has anyone experience with this?

Those 60 per second are in a special mode only anyway ... the standard fps is much lower also on said camera I think.

I am sure it means some loss in quality ;)

im from gera/thuringia
Now, this is funny... I will soon move in that direction! Probably will be living 30 miles away then.

Last edited:
what about a fisheye lens on these dslr. has anyone experience with this?

The fisheye effect you get also on a smaller crop sensor, just the angle of view will be reduced compared to 35mm format. So it looks a bit less extreme.

I think we have members here who own fisheye lenses (Andy?).

my shortest lens (non-fisheye) is 17mm, and I use it on 35mm so that is wide enough for me - on cameras with smaller sensors, however, I would probably use a 11mm-ish lens. There is a good Sigma-zoom in that range.

Now everything has changed... ^^ I got a Sony Alpha 300 with a 18-70mm lense as a birthday present.^^
Mhh... I never thougt about this camera...^^ But my first impressions are very good. There are some features you actually don't really need, but they are quite usefull! Normally I would describe my first impressions more detailed but I don't know how to say in English^^ But if somebody really wants to know something about this camera just ask. I will do my best ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back