What camera i would use for specific shoots..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nudity or no, I'm not sure what it has to do with the subject. Plus on that one there is an awful lot of dead space around her, and the trees are a bit of an eccentric backdrop from my point of view...

that's just an opinion, and personal taste, doesn't mean the picture isn't any good. the way i see it, its' all about what the photographer was going after is what counts..

My main point is that these images have bugger all to do with the thread's title. You may be the OP, but you still have to stay largely relevant to the thread's title or start a new thread that is relevant to what you want to say...
more then often a topic changes during the converstations,, i can't help it if a tread shifts to another..
If your going to join in a forum you would have to get use to that, because it happens often..
:/

Are you a professional patroniser or have you just started out?

I have been a member of this forum for nearly 6 years and I am well used to topics going 'off piste' so to speak - am sometimes guilty of it myself.

As the OP it's kind of your responsibility to keep things on track as much as possible. Throwing out a lot of NSFW photos without bothering to check the rules of the site (and this site's rules are pretty visible) fails Forum 101. You didn't make it clear what point you were making with the photos. The NSFW section is pretty easy to find. I would give you a link, but you're so clever you won't need it ;)

I'm with Tim on the actual images. An opinion is an opinion, but once you put it an image out there, people are going to make their own opinions felt based on how you present and re-present your work. To me the BW nude looked grey and a little lifeless, and the trees didn't add anything at all. You don't feel that way, and that is fine :) I just wasn't sure what point you were making with the images as it didn't seem to be saying how relevant the image was to the choice of camera used.

I didn't mind it going off track, it happens, and it's not a bad, thing, every have a conversation with a group of guys in person? do you keep with the same subject or change it afer a couple min? most change it,, most people move on in a conversation, it's how things work.
it's not a bad thing, in fact it's normal..
I'm not going to direct every one on how and when to keep on topic. it's up to every one else if they choose to change the topic a bit, conversations move on.
No big deal..

But it was you who was dragging it off subject. Tim does in fact make positive feedback. He can be critical but that's much better than saying 'nice'

what i posted on here was for the message and not to impress any one with what i done, if i done that i would have posted my other stuff.
And your opinion of how i work with models is so wrong, i use to pose models for a publishing company for lingerie and wedding garments..
And did that for 3 years, i'm quite sure i knew what i was doing.. :/
By the way that poorly posed lingerie picture won a lingerie contest at a couple of places,, And was published on a couple of websites.
Yes they are old, back in 1999 is when i believe them pictures was taken, what What was you shooting in 1999??

To be honest, for the amount of experience that you claim to have, your posted work so far looks amateur or dated at best. Some of the basic fundamentals of cropping, composition, and lighting are just really bad. I wouldn't say it to someone who's just starting out, we all started out somewhere but since you have so much experience those things should have been corrected at least in your 2nd year of shooting.

Last edited:
hey, hate to tell ya, but your wrong, it's not all with the Canon 50D, the last 2 i posted was with a NIKON F5, not a cannon, sorry..
and you said i poorly posed them, first off the lingerie pic i posted here won a Lingerie contest, so again what your seeing is your opinion, and i don't believe i'ts an unbiased opinion, i think your trying to impress some one and try to critic a picture, i know the difference, trust me i been round the block probably a few more times they you have..

LOL, is this the right room for an argument? ;);) I'm not sure which won the award but the first shows the gaffer tape holding the top of the canework together and the edge of the set to the left, the second looks as though it was shot from slightly off set as well, all you have to do is look and it's really plain to see. I would really rather have you on this site as an experienced photographer, not as someone making claims and blowing smoke and shall always give you the benefit of doubt. But this is a forum of photographers practiced in the visual art, or the art of looking and seeing. Don't expect them not to notice things you plainly put in front of their eyes.
As a serious and honest response to your question, in 1999 I was still shooting a Nikon F2 and had just purchased my Marion & Co half plate off a friend. Here are the very beasts and as well as I can remember images I took with them around 1999. Both originally developed and printed in the bathroom, but scanned in comfort at a later date. ;) (These are shots I took of my actual cameras).

My Nikon F2 which I still have:

_DSC4765_sRGB_sm.jpg

One of the shots I took with it in 1999 (fully clothed but with a bush of sorts):

img318_sm.jpg

My Marion & Co half plate which I still have and use:

_DSC7568_sRGB_sm.jpg

And one of the shots I took with it (this is a scan of an actual finished print):

img331_sRGB_sm.jpg

I really wish for a more constructive exchange in future threads, the very best of shooting. :)

Last edited:
To be honest, for the amount of experience that you claim to have, your posted work so far looks amateur or dated at best. Some of the basic fundamentals of cropping, composition, and lighting are just really bad. I wouldn't say it to someone who's just starting out, we all started out somewhere but since you have so much experience those things should have been corrected at least in your 2nd year of shooting.
I have to agree! To be brutally frank, the three images you posted back on the first page are the types of images that look like 'before' examples in a posing workshop.

I had a Nikon F2 before the F5, the F5 really just had more bells and whistles, both camera's did just as good a job.
I really didn't like the F5, i made a mistake in getting it, because after i used it, i found it to be big and awkward, to use, it was huge, and made it more difficult to move around, and then if you had a zoom lens on it it made it even more heavy.
I'm glad now the Camera's i got are not that huge. but they are nice pictues there..
But as far as the pictures you mention, they was not from a digital..
The top is Nikon F5
The bottom Digital
I know nudity isn't allowed on this forum, so i posted these.

Attachments

• 52980001_pp.jpg
    52980001_pp.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 115
  • img_1325sun2a.jpg
    img_1325sun2a.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 121
I have to agree! To be brutally frank, the three images you posted back on the first page are the types of images that look like 'before' examples in a posing workshop.

that's Because they was before, as i posted those was the un-edited pictures.

here is a couple more untouched images..
done with a crop sensor camera....

Attachments

• 026a.jpg
    026a.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 017a.jpg
    017a.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 162
  • DPP_0022.jpg
    DPP_0022.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 151
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    782.4 KB · Views: 150
Nudity or no, I'm not sure what it has to do with the subject. Plus on that one there is an awful lot of dead space around her, and the trees are a bit of an eccentric backdrop from my point of view...

that's just an opinion, and personal taste, doesn't mean the picture isn't any good. the way i see it, its' all about what the photographer was going after is what counts..

My main point is that these images have bugger all to do with the thread's title. You may be the OP, but you still have to stay largely relevant to the thread's title or start a new thread that is relevant to what you want to say...
more then often a topic changes during the converstations,, i can't help it if a tread shifts to another..
If your going to join in a forum you would have to get use to that, because it happens often..
:/

Are you a professional patroniser or have you just started out?

I have been a member of this forum for nearly 6 years and I am well used to topics going 'off piste' so to speak - am sometimes guilty of it myself.

As the OP it's kind of your responsibility to keep things on track as much as possible. Throwing out a lot of NSFW photos without bothering to check the rules of the site (and this site's rules are pretty visible) fails Forum 101. You didn't make it clear what point you were making with the photos. The NSFW section is pretty easy to find. I would give you a link, but you're so clever you won't need it ;)

I'm with Tim on the actual images. An opinion is an opinion, but once you put it an image out there, people are going to make their own opinions felt based on how you present and re-present your work. To me the BW nude looked grey and a little lifeless, and the trees didn't add anything at all. You don't feel that way, and that is fine :) I just wasn't sure what point you were making with the images as it didn't seem to be saying how relevant the image was to the choice of camera used.

I didn't mind it going off track, it happens, and it's not a bad, thing, every have a conversation with a group of guys in person? do you keep with the same subject or change it afer a couple min? most change it,, most people move on in a conversation, it's how things work.
it's not a bad thing, in fact it's normal..
I'm not going to direct every one on how and when to keep on topic. it's up to every one else if they choose to change the topic a bit, conversations move on.
No big deal..

But it was you who was dragging it off subject. Tim does in fact make positive feedback. He can be critical but that's much better than saying 'nice'

I had a Nikon F2 before the F5, the F5 really just had more bells and whistles, both camera's did just as good a job.
I really didn't like the F5, i made a mistake in getting it, because after i used it, i found it to be big and awkward, to use, it was huge, and made it more difficult to move around, and then if you had a zoom lens on it it made it even more heavy.
I'm glad now the Camera's i got are not that huge. but they are nice pictues there..
But as far as the pictures you mention, they was not from a digital..
The top is Nikon F5
The bottom Digital
I know nudity isn't allowed on this forum, so i posted these.

here is a couple more untouched images..
done with a crop sensor camera....

Yikes...

Does anyone have a popcorn making machine? I hesitate to use the T word, but an OP that doesn't care about keeping his own topic on point is a bit odd. Seriously Donny, if you want a different discussion, start a different thread. I can see this one getting locked at some point. Throwing in images as if they speak for themselves without actually bothering to say what they mean is really quite random in my view.

Kindly make your point, as throwing in some model pictures and then some NSFW images and then some landscapes makes for a rather odd thread. What is the point in the photos? What ARE you trying to prove? I'm confused.

What is the point in the photos? What ARE you trying to prove? I'm confused.

My guess is that the photos are suppose to show his skills as a long time and experienced photographer of many genres, based on how he always bring up how long he has been shooting then follow with some pictures. However, I think it has the opposite effect since the quality of the photos is not up to par and all look amateurish. I typically don't care but since this is a self proclaim expert, I expect a whole lot more.

I've been waiting to see some awesome Hasselblad digital medium format images thrown into the mix of this thread, you know, for discussion.

Let's hope he doesn't go out and pay for a hassie. If he did it would remind me of an X Factor UK audition where a singer walked in and announced that he had spent £30k fitting out a studio in his house, and then when he sang he sounded like a very average karaoke singer. Not terrible, but not good either.

Simon Cowell told him that his studio was a great investment. Not for him, but to rent out to others who could perform.

that's Because they was before, as i posted those was the un-edited pictures.
Fair enough; are the two above 'before' or 'after'?

What is the point in the photos? What ARE you trying to prove? I'm confused.

My guess is that the photos are suppose to show his skills as a long time and experienced photographer of many genres, based on how he always bring up how long he has been shooting then follow with some pictures. However, I think it has the opposite effect since the quality of the photos is not up to par and all look amateurish. I typically don't care but since this is a self proclaim expert, I expect a whole lot more.

I don't claim to be an expert, yeah i been doing it a long time, and the comment about it being amateurish is not true, say what you want, i know that isn't true, and nope i don't get opposite effects, from every one...
So who have you worked for? where have you got your work published?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back