what camera is good for ISO and has the low pass filter removed?

My D600 does very well with higher ISO for me. So I would think the D610 would be much better on ISO than the D600, thats only if you are looking for the more affordable Nikon full frames. From what I hear the D750 is amazing all around and its just a few hundred more than the D610.

My D600 does very well with higher ISO for me. So I would think the D610 would be much better on ISO than the D600, thats only if you are looking for the more affordable Nikon full frames. From what I hear the D750 is amazing all around and its just a few hundred more than the D610.
Actually the D600 and D610 are nearly identical cameras with very little differences, their low light performance should be about par, and the D750 is indeed a beast in low light, I now use my D750 as high as 16K ISO if needed with usable results.

I own an e-commerce business & have never used camera for shooting photos/images for my products. Mostly, I go for iPhone 6 and believe me it creates best images as it were shoot by a professional photographer. However, sometimes I go for professional product photography firms.

I own an e-commerce business & have never used camera for shooting photos/images for my products. Mostly, I go for iPhone 6 and believe me it creates best images as it were shoot by a professional photographer. However, sometimes I go for professional product photography firms.
How does that IPhone 6 do with sports in low light? Just curious since that is what this thread is about?

How does that IPhone 6 do with sports in low light? Just curious since that is what this thread is about?
Product photography and sports photography is identical, every GOOD photographer knows that :1219::1219::1219:

Damn it! Here I am with all these bulky cameras and I all I need is an iphone 6!
:icon_salut:

Looking at your Flickr, it seems that you have a problem nailing focus more so than your camera being sharp. The shots that you do nail focus, the photos are plenty sharp for the lens that you are using, but there are few of those. If I were you, I would invest money in better lenses and perhaps join a photography group to improve yourself as a photographer. I see that you shot the Falcons (they need to be shot, literally). If you are in Atlanta, there is a group called the Meet and Shoot that is filled with talented photographers that can show you the ropes. Additionally, we have Aperturent and KEH here, both of which can rent or sell you gear for you to try out. I promise you, better gear only makes taking photos easier, but it won't make you a better photographer. I'm not posting this to negatively criticize you. I think you are a bit more concerned about gear than you should be. If you are in Atlanta, I'm always looking for people to go out and do street photography with if you ever need an opportunity to shoot. I love learning from this forum, and its members have made me a better photographer.

Toodles!

Oh, and this is one of the sharpest photos that I have ever taken. It was taken with a D7100 and a Nikkor 60mm. You can download the full size and zoom 100% into her eyes. It'll cut ya. My Sony A7 can do just as good, and it has an AA filter.

Andy and Steph
seeing how my flickr account is over a year old........ and that is all my d7000.

if you want to see more up to date stuff go to golden-hour.net

Even my d600 I go to 6400 ISO with no real issues.

I think people get obsessed with thinking crop cameras are getting better and better all the time without realizing that FullFrame is also getting better and better all the time too. Matter of fact the new technology usually comes out in the top end bodies first, then trickles down to the rest of the systems.
agreed. hence the reason why I like the the d3S the most for ISO.

I'm sorry but I have to say it..... but did someone let the trolls out? I'm just trying to figure out a lot of the postings here.

I too checked your Flickr, it seems you are using a very old lens, its not a bad lens but this is first thing I saw as a problem, lens will be SIGNIFICANTLY more important then D810 or D750
Using on one of these cameras this lens and expect to get same results!
Its not a bad lens but its not 70-200mm 2.8 VRII

Another issue of the D7000 is AF which is less efficient then the one on the D7200/D750/D810
Another potential issue is that the D7000 are known to have back focusing issues, I bought a D7000 new years ago and it always had back focusing issues and many of my pictures came out soft, I tried every trick in the book, at the end I got rid of it and got the D7100, the improvement was instantaneous!! and I mean in a BIG way!!!
It was not the the sensor or lack of AA filter on the D7100 but the back focusing problem on my old D7000

You are mentally stuck on this AA filter like its the cause of all bad in sharpness but it aint, its effect is negligible!!!
If you want to get the D810 then thats fine, its an AMAZING camera but be sure to get it for the right reasons!
D810 with a cheap lens vs D750 with good lens and the D810 will produce inferior results, both cameras with good lenses the D810 might have sharper images but this will be negligible!!!
yeah sorry I just never updated my stuff here. I rarely come on here. but I have a d7200 and a 70-200 VR 2 f/2.8.

I'm currently reworking my website. but here are some more up to date shots.

Golden-Hour.net

Even my d600 I go to 6400 ISO with no real issues.

I think people get obsessed with thinking crop cameras are getting better and better all the time without realizing that FullFrame is also getting better and better all the time too. Matter of fact the new technology usually comes out in the top end bodies first, then trickles down to the rest of the systems.
agreed. hence the reason why I like the the d3S the most for ISO.

The d3s is a 7 year old camera...its not that great at high ISO compared to any of the current full frame offerings. I think you have these ideas of how cameras are and what you think you need but your logic doesn't make much sense to me

Canon 6D. Here is an image I shot at ISO 6400

rsz_1ericdover.jpg

Sorry. Didnt realize this was the Nikon section. My bad.

Sorry. Didnt realize this was the Nikon section. My bad.
Cute :)
Nice shot.

From personal experience the 6D is a good camera, good at low light but my D750 is noticeably better.

Most reactions

Back