What camera should I buy?

I'm selling my Hughes and Kettner for aboot $1800 and I'm going to wait a bit and save some more. If the 5d MKII does drop, I'm buying it. If not, I may just look at a 1Ds MKII.

I thought you were kidding at first but wanted some feedback. I figured you could make your decision just wanted positive reinforcement.

As in hughes and kettner amp? Damn.

Yeah for 3500 you could probably find used 1DS MarkIII

I've played guitar like 10 times in the past year. I've been so busy that once the last band I was in broke up, I haven't had the time or the desire to try and organize a group of people together. Everyone's interested for like a month, then no one wants to do anything.

I'm even thinking about selling all my recording equipment and stuff. I did just spend $1000 on mics in December.

Well than you are in a good spot...Get what you can afford...You probably have all the lenses you would need.

My spot is I'm spending next 3 years building up equipment and would eventually need to upgrade camera...

30d is in budget but I would like to go Full frame so I hope the MkII makes th e 5d around 1300.

Well than you are in a good spot...Get what you can afford...You probably have all the lenses you would need.

My spot is I'm spending next 3 years building up equipment and would eventually need to upgrade camera...

30d is in budget but I would like to go Full frame so I hope the MkII makes th e 5d around 1300.

I seriously don't see them dropping below 1500 and maybe even going back up a bit once the rush to off load the old and go with the new is over. Keep in mind, the camera was $3000ish new and is still going for about $2200 new. It may hit the $1300 mark, but it would probably be a while.

Yeah I would prefer getting 5d no matter what. I know 30d and 40d are better than Rebel but I want a bigger jump honestly. 30d I could afford now honestly but am working on lighting first.

Yeah I would prefer getting 5d no matter what. I know 30d and 40d are better than Rebel but I want a bigger jump honestly. 30d I could afford now honestly but am working on lighting first.

I want one because I'm lazy. I checked out a 30x45 print I did for a client and it was good, along with the 4 24x36's, it's just one of them was amazingly sharp though. More MP = less worry to get the photo perfect in PP for prints that size. Plus if the next version of the 5D comes out, and is 15-16mp, then that'll be even better.

I feel like my technical background is making photography very easy for me. Now I'm having the horsepower envy with cameras.

From Rebel to 40d is a decent jump that has to last me a couple years or would you recommend I hold out. I don't want to want to upgrade within a year.

I'm focused on lighting and lenses right now because I couldn't make a decision on camera bodies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back