What camera should I buy?

tytyylleerr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finnally think its time for me to invest on a DSLR. I am having trouble deciding on what camera i should get, so I thought I should hear the oppinion of other photogrpahers.
i have narrowed my decision to three cameras.
Cannon xTi
Pentax K-x
Olympus 620

Let me hear your thoughts.

From what I understand Olympus still has noise issues. Canon has probably the largest lens selection, but I think you'll get more for your money with the Pentax. Most reviews compare it to the 50D. Plus it comes in really cool colors.

What camera should you get for what?

Landscapes, portraits, sports, wildlife, other, all of the above? Do you prefer fast frames per second, high ISO performance, availability of accessories, price?

Not much to go on there really.

i was thinking i should have added something along those lines; i'd be most interested in using the camera for landscapes and portraits.
The basic camea models here are under 1000 canadian.
I'd like high ISO. And fast frames would be a bonus.
I dont know much about accessories for these cameras.
I'd prefer live view, and for the camera to be able to connect to an external flash.
But if you have any camereas to recommend i'd like to hear.

dPreview's review of the Pentax K-x is very enthusiastic about the K-x and its ability to do really class-leading High-ISO JPEG images; even though the camera is not their higher-end model, they say that its image quality is better than the IQ coming from cameras priced much higher, both from Pentax and the competitors. I'm not a fan of the 4/3 format for a d-slr system.

It would be great if you could go to a stores and handle these cameras.

Most reactions

Back