what camera to buy hmmm?

jcbruno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello evryone i curently have a Nikon F55 35mm camera and have enjoyed it alot in the last 3 years since i bought it, I have a couple of questions regarding a new camera. first of all i had one nikon lense break on me and had to replace it when the waranty people said they couldnt help me, the plastic lip that is atached to the Camera body from the lense broke off, and so i have been a little disapointed that my nikon camera has alot of plastic parts i even have a small crack on the camera body a little disapointed, so my first question is does Nikon make any digital cameras made with aluminum bodys that my nikon lenses could be used on or does anyone else?
my next question is as a ameture photographer who likes to take mainly
scenery/nature/historical scenery pictures do i need a 10+mega pixel camera or will a 6+ do fine for my needs.
My friend has a pentax camera with aluminum body and threading for lenses,is this a good camera?
Will my film lenses work in a digital camera?

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see another Edmonton photographer around here.

If you have any Nikon lenses, it would make sense to go with a Nikon digital body so that the lenses will be compatible. Nikon does make several digital SLR bodies; the cheapest one, the D40, is a good camera but is small and has plenty of plastic. The higher models, the D80 & D200 are built a little tougher.

You don't really need a ton of mega pixels. Digital SLR cameras have large image sensors which allow them to produce great images that can be easily printed very large. Sure, more mega pixels are good to have but it's not necessary.

Canon, Pentax, Sony (with Minolta technology) and of course Nikon...all make great digital SLR cameras. I believe Sigma & Olympus also have DSLR models. If you don't want to go with Nikon, I'd suggest Canon...or possibly Pentax or Sony...but Canon & Nikon are the best.

As the your cheap plastic lens. That's common with some of the cheapest lenses. The mid level and pro stuff has a lot more metal in the construction. As with anything, you get what you pay for.

Yeah i have to agree i think its the d200 but not sure thats super tough. The d80 is still good dont get me wrong (and the camera im going to get) but the d200 is superior, but of course that also comes with a bigger price tag.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back