What Camera?

nathanlegiehn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey,

I have a buddy who's looking for his first DSLR. He shoots mostly action stuff (skateboarding mostly) but probably needs a good all around body for everything. He's got around 800$ to play with and needs any help he can get. Im thinking an HD video option might be helpful/utilized but is not an absolute necessity. Any help?

Thanks!

In that range im gonna suggest a Canon t1i, or a Nikon D90. even the XSi or the older D80 would work well.

edit: shouldnt you be the expert helping him? you do have a 5D. ;):lmao:

haha i probably should be but I sorta just know whats good for me, not necessarily others haha.

haha i probably should be but I sorta just know whats good for me, not necessarily others haha.

does he have 800$ tops? You need some quick lenses for skate photography... is the 800$ for everything?

does he have 800$ tops? You need some quick lenses for skate photography... is the 800$ for everything?
+1 ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ .

For action shots the lens(s) is going to be way more important than the camera body.

Your friend should get a used Canon XS or Nikon D40 and spend the rest on a 50 mm f/1.8 or 1.4 prime lens, a speedlight and an eBay radio trigger set so he can hand hold, or someone can hold for him, the speedlight off the camera.

+1 ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ .

For action shots the lens(s) is going to be way more important than the camera body.

Your friend should get a used Canon XS or Nikon D40 and spend the rest on a 50 mm f/1.8 or 1.4 prime lens, a speedlight and an eBay radio trigger set so he can hand hold, or someone can hold for him, the speedlight off the camera.

+1, :lmao:

thats exactly what I was going to say.

I'll reword it for no reason. Tell him to start off with a cheaper body, he will be much more satisfied with a nice lens rather than a nice body, sure the capability of the body plays into skateboarding photography (you need a quick camera) but whats more important is flashes and nice lenses.

cool thanks! yeah its actually 800 to spend and then his rents were going to help him out with lenses...so you think it would be smarter to buy a cheaper body and go spend some $$$ on lenses?

cool thanks! yeah its actually 800 to spend and then his rents were going to help him out with lenses...so you think it would be smarter to buy a cheaper body and go spend some $$$ on lenses?

yes.

I cheaped out on lenses, I made a mistake by buying an 18-70 for 150$ and a Nikon D90 for almost 800$ (canadian). He should buy a canon rebel xti, or a used nikon d40/d60, these go for about 300$-400$.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back