what can I do to fix this?

Ahhh, I see!! I'm afraid my 350D has streched the budget so much I won't be going to the pub for months already so new cameras are something of a dream for me! Having said that it would be nice to have a body for each lens as all this swapping lenses in the 'field' is just a downright pain :mrgreen:

Despite the digital revolution, LF (large format) cameras, particularly 8x10's are still the camera of choice for architectural photography. You're literally talking about an 8x10 negative. The field of view is so expansive that 8x10's are really the only way to photograph large buildings (especially tall ones) without the image distorting. The most common architectual problem is caused by having to tilt the camera up or pan to the side in order to capture a building in its entire height or width. Having a really large capturable field of view eliminates the shrinking of the top or side of a building that's common when you have to tilt or pan in order to squeeze it all in. It's a matter of capturing the whole building without distorting perspective. As of yet, using an LF camera is the only way to make sure that doesn't happen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back