What can I do to make this portrait better?

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friends came around asking me to take a couple of pictures before they left to go for a meal. It was all rather quick it was dark so just had the lights from my living room, we had limited time so it was rather rushed, I used their camera and then switched to my S3 using manual mode.

I would like to give them a couple of edited versions as well as the original pics, so this is what I have done with Photoshop Elements 4, I lightened and changed colour levels cloned out the shadow and light switch, slight blemish removal added gasuian blur and left the eyes, mouth and nostrells sharp...

007.jpg

The orriginal;
Photo126.jpg

If you have any tips for me I would greatfully receive them!!!

If it were me I would remove his finger, fix the gold band on her dress, lighten the shadow on her eye, make her eyes a tad brighter, do a little more blemish work, and take and remove about 40% of the under eye lines as well as the laugh lines. I might remove some of the glare from his glasses.
But then again that's just me. I ove to rework images :)
This could all be done in elements

Hey there,

top work on the re edit, maybe clone out his finger just showing around her waist and make the edge of his left sleeve sharp.

I had a play, I hope you don't mind

Photo126.jpg

Think the b&w suits the subject, if you don't like the edit I did let me know and I will remove it.

I dont mind edits :)

Thanks for the tips!! im going to try again :)

Bthornton by fix the gold band what do you mean? the style of the dress was the gold band gets narrower towards the edge...or is the colour needing work?

The Gold on the dress needs to be fixed, just to distracting, looks wrinkled and the shadows give the appearance it is dirty and it bunches right at his suit .And someone bite that finger tip off lol. Nice edits though.

XS400 what did you do please?

I used PS CS2. First I adjusted the levels to brighten the image, then adjusted Shadow/Highlights to lighten the dark areas, I used the healing brush tool to removed some blemishes, and I removed her braces and adjuster the color of her teeth using several using the lasso tool and brighten/contrast. Lastly I sharpened the image with the sharpen filter.

I think you can do the same thing with PS Elements.

Thanks for those instructions, im not sure if I can adjust the shadows so I just tried lightening them by using the lassoo tool

My newest attempt \I tried to make the colour a bit better, the eyes look kind of evil I think

Oh i left the braces as it is part of who she is

010.jpg

i would definitely keep the girl's teeth from standing out too much, and try to get rid of the glare in the guy's glasses. otherwise, you're doing a great job

Most reactions

Back