• poses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

isabelag15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! I'm new here and I hope you guys can help me with my photos...

Attachments

• DSC_0176.JPG
    DSC_0176.JPG
    763.7 KB · Views: 126
Compositionally, this has a lot of tension and is very unbalanced. The so-called rule of thirds has to be balanced against the eye direction of the subject; the long side of the frame, and the short side of the frame; and the subject matter. This does not work well, with a personm palced off to the short side of the frame, with awkward eye direction (the line of gaze, as it is often referred to).

You've handled a low-key lighting setup pretty well, but perhaps add a slight bit of brightening to it, maybe 1/4 to 4/10 of an EV.

Researxh compositional technique some. Keep in mind that none of the "rules" sich as rule of thirds are really rules. Feel free to break them, but keep in minfld that they work very well most of the time, sometimes inways that are difficult to logically comprehend. Some just do

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Hi! I'm new here and I hope you guys can help me with my photos...
Hi, and Welcome!

This is underexposed, and needs more light on the important parts (his face). The frame should have allowed more space in front of his face.

Feel free to break them,
Composition, and more specifically good composition will probably pay homage to well-known principles that, while they don't automatically yield good composition, certainly do help. If once having learned and used the "rules" you then find an opportunity to bend or break the "rules", you should also know why you are doing it, and have a valid reason for doing so. Otherwise, one is simply flailing at something one does not understand, and the result will be unremarkable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back