What Card Reader Are You Using?

inRot8ion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title states, What card reader are you using?
Im currently in the search for a great card reader since i noticed that uploading straight from the camera tends to be slow. Plus i herd that uploading through a card reader is more reliable, not that I've came across any problems. BTW price is open.
Just trying to see what other members are using, if you could state the Brand and Model. Or any suggestions?

Thank You in advanced!

Last edited:
I use a "GGI All-in-One Digital Flash Card Reader", and I chose it because it was tiny. I had never heard of this company, and it was extremely cheap. But it's well built! seems rugged, maxes out the USB 2.0 bandwidth, has never given me any problems. I've used it on a friend's Windows 7 machine, also an XP machine, and at home I use it on Ubuntu Linux.

i bought one for 2 dollars on ebay, probably 3-4 total with the shipping. it says "all in 1 card reader." doesnt even give a brand!

just search ebay and get a generic one. they are all the same.

i bought one for 2 dollars on ebay, probably 3-4 total with the shipping. it says "all in 1 card reader." doesnt even give a brand!

just search ebay and get a generic one. they are all the same.

Probably the same as the one I have. Bit of a piece of **** really, but about what I was expecting for a couple of bucks. I think it's slower than going through the camera, but I find it more convenient because I don't have to keep the cable handy, just bang the card in and upload. Although I will say that the CF card slot has an opening that i s a bit big and lets you put the card in slightly out of alignment, I bent a pin doing that and had to straighten it out again. Meh I'm still happy enough though.

I have a Lexar firewire card reader I use for the most part. Home | Lexar

There ARE SOME VERY LARGE differences in the capabilities of the various firewire card readers on the market. If you shoot a lot of gigs' worth of images on a frequent basis, it pays to look into the newer, high-tech card readers on the market.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back