What classic camera would you like to see "digital"

@limr , prepare yourself to throw up in your mouth ...

If you could have any classic camera brought from the history to be "digitalized" (as if they had just removed the film and stuck in a sensor instead) what would it be?

For me:

Canonete GIII QL. Yes, I know the G7 comes close. But it's just not a Canonete, nor FF.
Yashicamat/Roleicord - With a mushy mid-century tessar/xenotar-like lens.
FUJI GX680 - With a giant X-Trans back ... because GX680 b*tches!
Though any fuji G-series cameras would be cool.

I used to own a Rolleiflex 6008i and it was pure magic.
I'd love to own the upgraded Rolleiflex 6008AF with a 4,5x6 digital back and any Arca 8x10 camera with a digital back to.

I'd love to own the upgraded Rolleiflex 6008AF with a 4,5x6 digital back and any Arca 8x10 camera with a digital back to.

Rollei was offering students at my school these crazy special discounts, so a few of my classmates jumped on board with 6008AF at like half price. Everyone really seemed to like them and the idea of a traditional 6x6 SLR with AF was definitely appealing.

If you could have any classic camera brought from the history to be "digitalized" (as if they had just removed the film and stuck in a sensor instead) what would it be?

For me:

Canonete GIII QL. Yes, I know the G7 comes close. But it's just not a Canonete, nor FF.

Damn it!
I totally forgot about the Fuji gsw 690 III!!! I'd love to have a Fuji gsw 690 III with a modern 6x9cm Sony CMOS (albeit fictional)

upload_2016-3-16_11-43-54.jpeg

Agfa Silette
It was my first camera and so, has a place in my heart.

Last edited:
Im waiting for a digital version of this little baby...
Giant-Cameras.jpg

Yes it is real.

No swing/tilt?

Just a toy camera, really.

For me:

Totally agree on the canonette. Give me autofocus tho - that was a difficult thing to focus if you lacked vertical lines!

Really? I really liked it's rangefinder a lot!

@Peeb I've only used the GIII QL. Earlier versions may not have been as good?

I just recalled family photos where it was necessary for me to ask someone to hold up their finger ("we're #1!") so that I had a vertical line to use for purposes of getting things aligned in the focusing grid.

Really a stellar little camera, though!

I just recalled family photos where it was necessary for me to ask someone to hold up their finger ("we're #1!") so that I had a vertical line to use for purposes of getting things aligned in the focusing grid.

Funny, we never called it "we're #1" Polite society does not allow me to explain what it means were I am from. :lol:

Shutters have a bit a problem getting sluggish with age, which is a problem with all lower-end leaf shutters in general. But otherwise they're built like a tank. I had one with a gummed up shutter and tried taking it apart for funzies.

Didn't get very far though. I literally couldn't get the enclosure off.

Shutters have a bit a problem getting sluggish with age, which is a problem with all lower-end leaf shutters in general. But otherwise they're built like a tank. I had one with a gummed up shutter and tried taking it apart for funzies.

Didn't get very far though. I literally couldn't get the enclosure off.
auto-flowchart-WD-40-duct-tape-202042.jpg

Not possible for me. My favorite small SLR camera of all time was the Nikon F2. It could operate without a battery. No digital camera can operate without a battery. My favorite medium format SLR was the Mamiya RZ67. There were digital backs available, I think, for a while but they weren't affordable.

Most reactions

Back