What could have happened?

amara_shadow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took my first couple of rolls of film with my new camera in the weekend, and the photos came out well, except for the few that are out of focus etc, but I have to learn somehow. There were 4 photos in one set that came out quite grainy and darkened (they actually look kind of cool, but of course not the effect that I was going for). I am not sure what happened, it was in perfect daylight, and the rest of the pictures came out clear and fine, except for these four. I will try to scan the pictures tonight and post them up. If someone could offer any explanation or guess as to what could have happened, that would be really great. It's probably hard to tell without seeing the photos.

Typically, a photo lab will try to correct or enhance your photos. If the exposure was way off, they would have tried to bring it back, but in doing so, that also brings out a lot of noise/grain. That might be it.

Most likely what Mike said. Check the negative to see if a large amount of adjustment had to be done in order to obtain an "acceptable" print.

I had a buddy that worked at a drug store processing counter once... we used to experiment with the machine a bit when things were slow. Push an under-exposed print a lot to get the grain to pop out... he played around with one of my frames and delivered this print (we did crop it). I liked it so much that I ended up scanning it.

287173097.jpg

Correct. That would most likely be the result of the photo clerk fixing an under/over-exposed photograph. I worked in a lab for a few years and that sounds like the only possible explanation. Check your negative to see if it looks like every other shot that came out "normally".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back