What Could I Do?

Skedaddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this photo earlier today because I wanted to photography something different than I had before. I like this photo but I think it could be more interesting. Would selective coloring do the trick? Should I make it all b&w? Do you have any other ideas? Or is it a completely boring photo and I should get rid of it all together?

3635276765_1babcaed9c.jpg

My vote is "no" on selective coloring and B&W.

The color isn't bad, it's the amount of space you've given the wood that looks odd. Try arranging the cards in a more interesting manner, a way people don't typically see cards.

^ Good idea but the picture didn't turn out very well. Nothing interesting about it that catches the eye. I say try what you did in your first picture somewhere new with good natural lighting. Take 100 pictures or so all from different angles and vantage points. Then weed out the best 3 and post 'em up here. Try doing it on maybe a marble top if you have one (just a suggestion). And I vote a no for selective coloring.

lol this is funny. why not make as many shapes and assortmants of placement as possible and see what you like. then travel the country with a deck of cards and do "52 cards, but only 50 states" lol

Sorry but my vote is: completely boring photo and you should get rid of it all together

Just not an interesting subject and the lighting is so basic and bland

I actually say work on portraits. I was looking at your Flickr and saw the one with the girl and the flowers. I loved it! Try doing more work like that.

Stepping out of the box is an opportunity to learn. Nothing wrong with becoming well rounded.

Still not interesting enough, you have think through your lens more. How do you take something that is uninteresting and make it interesting? How do you use that rectangular frame to say what you want to say? It's an issue we all face as photographers, and we all have to find ways to make something unique, and sometimes it's easier than others. I don't remember where I heard it, but there are 10 interesting things to shoot within 10 feet of you at all times (maybe Chase Jarvis' blog?), and it's entirely true. If your subject is dull, put it in a different setting. You create the context of the shot and the possibilities are endless. Put your mind to work and think deeper about what you're shooting and what you want to say. You'll find some way to meaningfully say it sooner or later.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back