What could I have done better?

maheanuu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Uturoa, Raiatea Fr. Polynesia/Hubbard Oregon
Website
mah.smugmug.com
This is a flower from the purau tree.. This tree is used for many different things.. Leaves are woven into mats to be used as a blanket over the food in an above ground oven (hima'a). They also were used as "plates" to hold food on, and toilet paper. The inner bark was woven into ropes, and also beaten into a very fiberous material called Tapa which was used as clothing.. The wood is very light and is used as floats for fishing baskets and the older trees they still use the wood as frames in boats as it will not split or crack easily after being worked...

8658303-M.jpg

To my mind, this picture is a little too dark. The yellow of the flower could be more vibrant, I think. Somehow I assume the background was greener than it is here. It would have been nice to see the green. It's a pity that despite the space towards the top the bottom petal is being cut off by the frame.

The flower of this tree as such with its almost transperant petals is BEAUTIFUL, though!! Thanks for letting us see what we would otherwise not see (I never get to the South Seas, they're "a tad" too far away from where I am......)

I think it is too dark. Also maybe a little blur, seems to be the picture is not very well focused.... Just my opinion.

for me it's too dark and too far in the bottom. You try cloning tool to add some space between flower and the edge of the photo

Never met a flower close up I didn't like but I gotta agree that it's too dark.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back