What did i do wrong?

flyforfun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a pic (i hope i get this part correct putting it in this message) taken back in august, automatic setting before i started to play with the camera functions.

Kingsbridge31-08-2009011.jpg

For some reason I had the lens hood in the bag and decided to see if it make any difference to the photos. Reading the thread about the lenshood make me think of this photo!

The focal length was 14mm at its shortest for the 14-45mm std kit lens I was using. I did retake the photo without the lens hood after I check on screen once the first shot was taken.

When the focal length is increased the lenshood no longer obscures the outer edges of the image. Just want to know if I am incoreectly fitting the lenshood?

Thanks.

Did this hood come with the lens, and/or is it the correct one for the lens? Is it a pedal-type hood?

The hood came with the lens. I have 2 lens and 2 hoods the small hood for small lens and larger hood for larger lens. They all came in the 2 lens kit with body. The hood is funny shaped, meaning it not round...

Lens hood LH-61 on the 14-45mm lens and the Lens hood LH-61B for the 40-150mm lens. The 2nd lens hood is round shaped but miles too big for the small lens.

Thanks.

Wide angle zoom lens hoods have 4 petals - 2 short ones opposite each other and 2 long ones opposite each other. The 2 long sides are the top and bottom. And of course the 2 short petals are the left and right side.

So, when you put it on make sure the longer petals are at the top and bottom. Not sure but, also maybe if your lens front turns while focusing it may also turn the hood.

The larger (deeper hood) is for your 40-150 lens. The funny shaped one with larger petals and smaller petals is for your 14-45mm.

Thanks so much for that reply, I just checked now and it seems I was using the correct hood but fitting incorrectly! I put the hood on and still could see darkened areas but on closer inspection it turns out that I wasnt turning the hood fully for it to 'click' into its place so it was slightly offset.

Most reactions

Back