What did you shoot this weekend?

Wow, I love the second night shot!
The peppers are pretty awesome too!
I also really like the sign picture.

We're supposed to get a lot of fresh snow tonight in NE, so hopefully I'll get out to take more tomorrow.

jbreezy, I really like #3. That's very cool, I like the DOF.

I don't get out much. I just shot more pics of the pugs. Pics are still on the camera.

Well, GET'EM OFF AND POST'EM! :mrgreen:
I'm working on it! Calm down! :mrgreen:

I don't have pugs. I've got a 6 month old yellow Lab. Photos transfering off the card as we speak.

Not much time for shooting today with that snow that blew over. I have a 200 foot driveway and the tractor is buried out in the back yard because my garage is filled with cedar siding that needs to go back on the house. Thus, I spent all day shoveling the 20+ inches of snow out of the driveway. It was going fine until the last 2 hours I was out there and it started change to a bit of freezing rain. The plow truck managed to come down our road and dumped about 30 inch deep snow at the end of the driveway. I hate that. Good thing is, the snow stopped, I got at least a car width shoveled out of the end, and I will be able to get out.

Photos done transfering, time to go sort and process..... Be back in a bit.

Everybody's looks good! Love the night shot! My fave of yours, jbreezy is that goat! What camera settings did you use? That's just awesome! Hey I like this thread you started, Tharmsen!

Background was the night sky - I live in a pretty big city so sky is... well a bit orange on a cloudy night.

I'll also add this one:

ISO 100 55mm F/14 25sec
3185697351_1f0ccea486_b.jpg

I alwys try these shotsd what settings did you use and sis you use a tri pod

CAG76-
Thanks! I used the camera in Av mode, with F5.6, ISO 200, and shutter speed 1/400. It was pretty bright out. I just adjusted the contrast and saturation before posting.

I alwys try these shotsd what settings did you use and sis you use a tri pod

ISO 100 55mm F/14 25sec are the settings on my Nikon D60, and yes I used a tripod. Probably the best investment you can make... after the camera of course;)

I like your number 3 jbreezy! its very interesting.

Forzabrianyour shot of the tree pickers, or whatever they are, is awesome

tharmsen, I like the composition in your second, whats with the splotches of snow on the wall next to the machine? its intriguing.

you were all more creative than me. i just did some experimenting of my own, I did my first experimenting with RAW today, but nothing that's worth posting. But think i'm becoming a convert to RAW...i'm excited, but a little scared...

Thanks Eldrich. :D

As for RAW, I was reluctant too... for about 3 days after getting my camera. I only had a 4GB card and it only held about 240 and some RAW images. I tinkered with SRAW for a while then picked up an 8GB card. Now I'm shooting in RAW only. Once the price of the 16GB cards come down a little, I'll pick one of those up.

I love the flexibility RAW gives me. But I burn a lot of RAW images to DVD to get them off my hard drive... they're huge.

My nephew, you can see one of the best shots in the thread titled "he rocks the hawk"

I took these last night. They're actually my first pictures of the year...

Neither one really turned out as good as I had hoped...

IMG_6088-square-resized.jpg

not very sharp... I think it's a combination of a windy night, small viewfinder making manual focusing difficult, shooting at f/13 (no choice on that one), and a not-ideal telescope tripod.
Damn, it looks even worse now...

IMG_6090-resized.jpg

...just didn't really turn out the way I had it pictured in my head.

img8687vg5.jpg

Shot a bunch of my brother but I thought this one was the most telling :D

I notice on my iMac that when I take images in RAW form it gives me the jpg versions too, and I compared them as I flip through them and where jpgs have film grain, the RAW images are sharper, and smoother. Same with when I am at work. I take product photography there and I ONLY use RAW when taking them. I like the mood pictures. I've been wanting to get some shots with it behind the clouds like your bottom one!

Nah, just a single light and the basement wall as a background. I'm home from school on break so I've been doing some pictures of my brother for my parents-- he needed some senior pictures. I don't think they'll want to use this one though :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back