What direction is your photography headed?

What direction are you headed?

• Total voters

Bosscat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered but i am rather curious as to which way people are headed now that the digital revolution is upon

Started with digital, switched to film, will someday buy a digital camera, still keep shooting film, and will end up using both extensively.

Started with digital, tried film and may use it occasionally but it will be mostly digital in future.

Started with film but have both. I carry my 10D with me everywhere. Digital is nice but some things are just better with film so I have been adding some new (to me) film cameras to my collection.

I started with film......bought a digital point and shoot for snowmobiling pics........and will use film until digital is the equal or better of film

Started many years ago with film and will probably stay exclusively with it for awhile. Thinking about getting a good used Canon F1 now that digital has driven used prices down a lot.

Well I started with a really bad small camera.
Moved on to a Coolpix 3100.
Moved on to a Nikon F55 SLR.
And am going to buy a Nikon D70 in a long time.

Started will film, switched to digital last year then the 10D came out and love it, but also have nice collection film cameras that cry out for me to use them.

started with a kodak point and shoot digital, bought a canon 2mp which had manual controls, then bought the digital rebel. I plan on using digital for good, however I am intrested in pickin up a film camera. mainly for b.w and infrared.

Started with a point and shoot Kodak digital, moved over to the Canon S400, right now with the 10D. Thinking of film to do BW.

i want to give film a try someday... but the darkroom is intimidating!
besides that, where do you find em? (darkrooms) :scratch:

StvShoop said:

there are often darkrooms on campuses. i've almost exclusively used those in the past year and a half.

and it really is more intimidating that difficult. once you're familiar with the basics, it really is simple (to me at least), even though there's always some trial and error from time to time.

and to answer to the question, i started out with film, gradually learned to process and print my b&w's and almost completely gave up on colour, then started doing it again, and i bought a 10D two days ago.

now i'll use my film camera mostly for b&w stuff, and the digital for assignments and colour, that way i'll be able to be in control of every single stage of the process without any interference.

sput said:
StvShoop said:

there are often darkrooms on campuses. i've almost exclusively used those in the past year and a half.

and it really is more intimidating that difficult. once you're familiar with the basics, it really is simple (to me at least), even though there's always some trial and error from time to time.

and to answer to the question, i started out with film, gradually learned to process and print my b&w's and almost completely gave up on colour, then started doing it again, and i bought a 10D two days ago.

now i'll use my film camera mostly for b&w stuff, and the digital for assignments and colour, that way i'll be able to be in control of every single stage of the process without any interference.

there used to be darkrooms all over my campus :oops:
but it's a tech school, and they're moving on to "bigger and better things". one of the old darkrooms is now a room with projector screens in a 360 around you, so you can virtual-reality yourself around in a 3d world.

the only remaining darkroom is controlled by the photo club... :(
dorks at my school get freakin ornery if you ask to use their stuff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back