what do I get in a D80 over ....

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm hoping to buy a Nikon D80...I was wondering what I get in the D80 over the D40 or D40X. New to photography so I don't understand all the terminology

A slightly larger body, easier to hang onto.
Better resolution (more mega pixels) than the D40, same as D40X.
Better build quality.
Wider lens selection while still having the ability to auto focus.
A command wheel for both aperture and shutter, the D40 has only one command dial/wheel and the operator needs to select one mode or the other.
I am sure there are many more, but those come first to mind.

already a big help, just want to be sure I'm not spending the extra $ for nothing. I want to get a package that has the D80 and two lenses for about $1199.00, AND comes with some classes for free....

Great! Stick with Wolf, at least there you can walk in and see it, others might be vapor-ware if you know what I mean.

What are the actual package deals? Who is the vendor on eBay?

Basically if you're not bankrupting yourself to go with the D80 do go with the D80.

Either way. Playing with cameras in Ritz/Wolf is always fun :D

I don't know enough about photography to know what I'm looking at when it comes to cameras yet. Guitars....yes, Cameras.....no. I've barely got a handle on aperature, shutter speed, and exposure.....I wouldn't know anything about a D80, I know cuz I tried to look at a Canon 40D at Wal-Mart. Didn't really have a clue what to do with it...

My tip would be go to Wolf and ask them to try out every DSLR they have and ask for as much help as you can get. Once you've done this come back here and tell us which ones were your favorites and we can probably help you more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back