What do I need to do, to make my pics look like this?

Learn how to use photoshop!

Looks like most of his have been altered to give the desired affect.

Very few of those have been altered for effect with PS. The most prevelant thing I'm seeing in that gallery (nature) is the use of flash with the subjects, a technique that's being used more and more often with outdoor photographers. And super saturated films of today are IMO almost getting TOO saturated sometimes. I have lots of slides on Velvia50 and Kodak 100VS that I desaturate because the slides look almost neon or cartoon like when shot with a polarizer

Good examples of off camera flash used to seperate the subjects that often get confused with PS are this one and this one for example. Maybe PS was used, but both of these images can easy be done without.

Telephoto flash attachments give you the lighting found here and here.

Above all though, the only thing that seperates those pictures from yours is practice and experience. There's a whole lot more to photography than filling in the bland spots with photoshop.

Patience, Practice, and Principals young jedi :lol:

Photoshop can help but it is more helpful to learn good solid fundamental basics and principals first. Pay attention to the basic theory long enough and you will start to think differently about your subjects and you will see the results in your pictures :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back