what do i need to fix in this picture?

This photo says nothing at all about what kind of company you work for.
It looks like a dude at a desk with a pen.

1st. i think its a little messy..i think the monitor looks weird, and the sun, and the picture on the top right is kinda weird.
So find a viewpoint where none of those distractions are in the frame.

If you're trying to do environmental portraiture, then find a way to make it all work. The point is to show him in his environment. Try different focal lengths, like 35 to 80; see how that looks. Try low angle shots; make the guy seem larger than life. Have fun.

Most importantly you need to know what the image is used for. If it's a corporate portrait then you need to get in closer.

Ideally use an off camera flash pointing towards the ceiling and you subject in a 45-60 degree angle to give the whole room a bit more light.

Be careful of the sunlight coming in. Ideally shoot when you have an overcast day without lots of strong sunlight coming in. Also because the sun light will mix with the interior lighting and then you might running into white balance issues.

Use a longer focal length and get closer to your boss (zoom in). You might need a faster lens in order to shoot with a lower aperture. Your goal should be to create a more shallow depth of field to emphasize your boss and not the entire office.

That would be a start and also clean up the room first.

Is this one better? Its for put it in the brochure. not portrait. i don't know how should i take it! it goes to the company blog too.

sdfs.jpg

ohh...i forgot to crop!!! and i am in LA..so the sun light is always strong..but i don't have those professional lights..so what should i do?

Better, but not quite. It looks a little tilted to the right... maybe? Or maybe it's because I'm sitting on my leg, who knows. :D

You definitely managed to clear almost every distraction away. The bright bright windows and the lines of the blinds are still distracting though. Can you do just a tighter shot that's square to the desk? Possibly even in a portrait instead of landscape view.

I think it is more important to focus on the person and not so much on all the items in the room like the ship, telephone or blinds. Crop it tight vertically and not horizontally.

Here's a quick (messy) edit job to point out those things. You'll want straight lines.... You'll not want such a bright window and you'll want sharper images. And make sure he smiles! :lmao:

I think this would look good with a dark room and a desk lamp. :D

bossedit-1.jpg

The boat is really what sells the second photo.

Most reactions

Back