What do yall think and whats wrong with my photo???

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Stuie789, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Stuie789

Stuie789 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Can you please help me with this photo. It's one of my best photos. I have photoshop so I can use that to fix it and jazz it up. But I need your input and your advice. Thanks so much yall. -Robert

[​IMG]

2. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You should do some reading up on composition. You have a few common compositional "mistakes" if you will. The horizon is centered, and the sun is dead center in the frame. A simple thing to do is divide the frame into thirds horizontally and vertically, and place important objects, like the horizon, or the sun, on one of these 3rds intersections. The exposure is nice. In photoshop, I would look at some different crops.

3. EOS_JD

EOS_JD TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Matt has said it all. It really is amazing the difference the "rule of thirds" makes to the composition of an image. When learning this is the first rule to learn I think - although not every image has to be like that.

4. Stuie789

Stuie789 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really appriciate your advice. Thanks yall. I will deff. work on the compisition.

5. EJBPhoto

EJBPhoto TPF Noob!

Rule of thirds would help yes but I almost like the symmetry of this. Rules can be broken when you have a good reason ;) As far as post processing goes, I would bump the contrast and saturation, PERSONALLY. Play in curves! And I would do a defog.