What do you call a photo that was combined from many pictures?

rouvis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all.
After taking a sequence of photos for time lapse,
I just randomly thought that I can combine all the photos together by getting a small vertical portion of each photo.
I wanted to know more about this kind of photography,
and what is it called?

Thanks in advance!

(Well yea I know, the ISO was too high at the end)
$product.jpg

It is called a "composite" photograph.

I like hodge podge or mish-mash.

Typically they are called composites when more than one photograph is used for creative effect.
Note that there is a difference between a composite and an HDR photo - although you can technically call all proper HDR (as opposed to tone mapped) photos a composite.

You might also call it a collage if you're using other mediums as well; or if the combined photos are not of the same scene itself (eg you might start adding elements from other scenes).

There is also digital art, although that tends to come out when the photo is purely used as a reference base or where the photo is heavily added to with digital art techniques.

Single-Frame Lateral Time Lapse.

Single-Frame Lateral Time Lapse.

How about: Composite Lateral Time Lapse? Single-Frame suggests one shutter release or an in-camera multiple exposure .

It can be a lot of things. For this particular picture I would say composite. But then there is also stuff like focus stacking that uses multiple pictures to get spot on focus in macro.

I like to call mine Bob or Doug.....;)

Failing that they are a composite

Most reactions

Back