What do you do for a living?

I am a investment portfolio analyst for a larger brokerage firm. Its a good job and I doubt i'll do something else anytime soon. I do have a small wedding and commercial photography business on the side and see that as my early retirement option 30 years from now (i'm only 25).

This is fascinating to read where we all come from!

I'm a Worship Pastor. That involves doing music, graphic design, and soon stepping into web design/maintenance. I work in an evangelical Christian church.

If I could get a steady enough income to put food on my table, I'd definitely do photography and graphic design fulltime.

I am a Portrait Studio Manager. I would love to generate enough biz to be out on my own. I also have a side project going with a website. www.YourOwnPhoto.com . Again wishing it would generate enough for me to be able to shoot for myself full time. Good Luck to all

I am a Glorified Babysitter aka Manager for a construction company. Building multi-unit townhouse/apartment complexes. I took up photography seriously early this year. There was a brief period of time where I thought of taking up photography as a less stressful (to me) profession. That is until I realized that I need many many more years and allot more talent to make it.

I am also a college student--2nd year math major at UC Berkeley. :geek:
At the moment, I have a job at the Media Resources Center in one of the campus libraries. I sit behind a counter and get people movies from our collection of over 10,000 VHS's and over 7,000 DVD's.

I don't know what I want to do after college. I really enjoy helping my younger sister with math homework, and I loved being on the yearbook staff in high school, so maybe I'll become a math teacher/yearbook adviser. But if I wind up being any good at upper-level mathematics, maybe I'll go to grad school and wind up in government or industry.

I manage accounts for for the largest memory manufacturer in the world !!!

I would love to some day be able to shoot weddings, commercial stuff, etc... all day long....

someone who owns a studio should hire me full time...:sexywink:

i wish...:wink:

I'm an Emerging Media Strategist at a subsidiary of the largest advertising agency in America. Basically I work with search, blogs, podcasting, social networks, social media, etc...basically anything 'Web 2.0' if you're familiar with that buzzword. Most of my work is in the search arena though for obvious reasons (more $$$ for the agency). The rest is mainly to impress clients during the sales process :) (and also to maintain an expertise for the time when these things are more worthwhile).

On the side I run an urban lifestlye site with my fiance and will soon be writing for one of the biggest streetwear sites in the world. We focus mainly on indie stuff, not the mainstream garbage you see everyday.

Check us out: www.Grooveeffect.com

--Illah

I'm an investor. I had a company with 350 employees, but I sold that. I never want to be boss again - you're left with nothing but the boring work. I have investments in fun places in the US and Europe, and I carry a camera wherever I go. Almost.

Radio announcer and producer at a classical music station. Also free-lance journalism, arts writer. Sold some photos to a local free weekly. Woo!

Most reactions

Back